Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you happy? watch

• View Poll Results: Are you happy?
    No
    60.87%
    Yes
    39.13%

ReputationRep:
    This is what Niles asks Frasier, in my fave episode.

Well, are you? Just a simple yes or no?

ReputationRep:
    We are all sad and depressed, I speak for the nation.

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised that I was the only "Happy" person that had voted outta so many. One negative point about TSR that even when I didn't have an account and used to scroll through, it seemed everyone was always depressed over something or other.

You have control over your life, and at the end of the day if your not happy do what makes you happy.

I don't understand why people are miserable all the time

ReputationRep:
    Forsomeone who's waiting for their results... no!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbhoy91)
    I suppose because things happen which are beyond your control, and these bring you down, and when they've finally loosened their grip on you, you're left with no memory of how you controlled your own destiny, so you are lost ... hopefully only for a while.

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised that I was the only "Happy" person that had voted outta so many. One negative point about TSR that even when I didn't have an account and used to scroll through, it seemed everyone was always depressed over something or other.

You have control over your life, and at the end of the day if your not happy do what makes you happy.

How do you account for being happy, and so satisfied with your life?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely no way

ReputationRep:
    depends. Happy with how life is atm? no. But with what gods given me? yes. With friends? yes. With my good health? yes. Thats pretty much all that matters though

ReputationRep:
    Well at least I'm not indifferent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Absolutely no way
    :console: but unfortunately ditto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
    How do you account for being happy, and so satisfied with your life?
    Some really good close friends I have had pretty much 10+ years. Other's not so long also that are decent mates.

A close family which always helps.

Part time job to fund me when going out/being a student.

Did have a g/f until not long ago.

Accept who I am/my background/my image.

I don't try to be anyone else, just act myself. Don't care what people think of me, and I have always been a confident person so I guess that helps.

And I always have a back-up/more than 1 plan for everything, so if one thing fails, there is always something else.

Just a few things imo which account for the way I am

ReputationRep:
    Some really good close friends I have had pretty much 10+ years. Other's not so long also that are decent mates.

I don't try to be anyone else, just act myself. Don't care what people think of me, and I have always been a confident person so I guess that helps.

And I always have a back-up/more than 1 plan for everything, so if one thing fails, there is always something else.

Wow, you're lucky. I'm really jealous, i wish I was that comfortable with my lot in life.

ReputationRep:

the good life

ReputationRep:
    As long as I have enough Ben and Jerrys to see me through the night, yes I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not so happy with the past or present, but very happy and optimistic with the future. All good things come to those who wait the longest and patience is a virtue!

ReputationRep:
    its 4:30 am.... i still cant sleep and my flat mate drank the last of my milk

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have a good outlook. I'm only in a truly happy mood about 25% of the time; no one's in a happy mood constantly though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm very happy I've just moved house, so while I do have good friends, they're all about 8 hours away by train. I'm looking forward to starting at my new sixth form after the holidays, though ,and making new friends, plus I'm excited about my subjects.The move is also bringing me nearer to my amazing boyfriend, which is obviously great. I'm also pretty happy with who I am and I'm also on the path to becoming a vegan, which makes me feel even happier being who I am. So yeah, all in all... it's all good!

ReputationRep:
    Summer months, not particularly occupied and badly struggling with motivation to do a gay research proposal for my MA. ****ing sick of academia now, as if I wasn't already before, but I need to complete it to get the necessary professional qualification.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.