Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Where can I get a REALLY cheap pair of jeans? Under £10. They don't have to look nice, I just want to turn them into shorts.

Cheapest possible, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Charity shops is the first thing that comes to mind.. especially if you're going to cut them up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    Where can I get a REALLY cheap pair of jeans? Under £10. They don't have to look nice, I just want to turn them into shorts.

You will have to endure the hell that is known as shopping at Primark.

ReputationRep:
    Asda have a £3 jean sale at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Primark.

ReputationRep:
    Tescos have some cheap jeans £2-£3 I think.

ReputationRep:
    Charity shop.
    I love clothes, but not so much as to have them slave laboured over.

ReputationRep:
    primark, asda or boohoo.com

ReputationRep:

£3 from primark, thats the cheapest i've saw. Not the trendy but hey, can be trendy with you know how to DIY your clothes

ReputationRep:
    Charity shops are a good bet, although the fits are never usually flattering!

Or eBay, but you've gotta be careful with all the measurements and stuff! =/

ReputationRep:
    Tesco or Penneys/Primark would probably be your best bet.

ReputationRep:
    Tesco value have them for like £2 :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Lol :p:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Asda have a £3 jean sale at the moment.
    Sweet, thanks!
    (Original post by 2Av)
    £3 from primark, thats the cheapest i've saw. Not the trendy but hey, can be trendy with you know how to DIY your clothes
    I have no know how tbh xD I just saw someone on lookbook who'd just chopped off the bottom of his jeans with scissors, to make them into shorts. No sewing or anything involved haha :yes:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Charity shop.
    I love clothes, but not so much as to have them slave laboured over.
    Meh, they're just paying the going rate, you can't really blame them. If they didn't, the families would be homeless.
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    primark, asda or boohoo.com
    Sweet, had never heard of the last one, thanks!
    (Original post by Redefined)
    Tescos have some cheap jeans £2-£3 I think.
    Kk thanks!
    (Original post by Queen_Pinky)
    Charity shops are a good bet, although the fits are never usually flattering!

Or eBay, but you've gotta be careful with all the measurements and stuff! =/
    kk, thanks, although I think I'll buy them from a shop (not a charity shop) to get the right cut.

Thanks guys, I'll try and rep you all now.

ReputationRep:
    primark = £10 an they were my fav jeans for over a year
    peacocks sale=£8 and there really really good!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yeah, charity shops... I mean you could get a better quality pair than Primark or Tesco for about £3 :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I have no know how tbh xD I just saw someone on lookbook who'd just chopped off the bottom of his jeans with scissors, to make them into shorts. No sewing or anything involved haha :yes:
    Oh I know what you mean, I've seen quite a few guys on lookbook who've done that. My advice is to rip them NOT cut them, as cutting will leave a jagged but essentially straight edge and will look rubbish.

My advice, try ripping the bottom of them first to get a feel for how they look when ripped, that way you're not screwed if it doesn't look good because you'll need to cut them off at the right length anyway :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I am afraid I have to second this.
    Otherwise: 1) Tesco 2) Asda
    and also, go look through some stuff on sale! If it doesn't have to fit immaculately because you are turning them into shorts this will be brilliant, you can pick up the flares that nobody wants (that would make brilliant shorts)

good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.