Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could you live without your parents? Watch

• View Poll Results: Could you live without your parents?
    Yes, we're not very close and don't get on.
    36.62%
    No, we're close and I love them very much.
    63.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss A*)
    my parents are away at the moment...they've decided to leave me for 5 whole weeks...i can't cope...!!!!
    Where have they gone? :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
    Where have they gone? :console:
    on holiday..so selfish!!! left me and my sister with my brother and his EVIL wife!!! all i seem to do i babysit his kids and clean...!so i can't even doss around

ReputationRep:
    I love my parents rather much and if anything were to happen to either of them, I think it would break my heart so much so that I'd struggle to go on living.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't lived with my parents for 6 years, despite a short period when I was between jobs a few years ago. In terms of literally not living with them, I'm good, I don't miss them that much. But I do enjoy seeing them and appreciate my family way more now that we're not under each others feet. If they disappeared from the face of the earth, I couldn't live with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
    How come?
    The complete and utter lack of privacy, also being in a very remote village/tiny town is quite tedious

ReputationRep:
    I love them but I could carry on in life without them, however the financial support is very necessary

ReputationRep:
    Well i moved out to go to university 3 years ago and i'm not moving back now i've finished. I've had such a better relationship with them since moving out though and i love them to peices.

Yes, easily after getting over the split for whatever reason.

We get along fine, better when I'm not living at home, and I've never been able to talk with them (or anyone for that matter) about how I feel etc.

ReputationRep:
    I am close to them and get on with them very well, but I could do without them (and will, come september). Your poll options suck.

ReputationRep:
    Well they give me lots of money to live on, food when I go home, a home when I go home :p:

so as much as \i'd like to think to, no D:

I think if I was my own financially independant being though, I woiuld be able to, the only reason I really go home is to see my dogs LOL

ReputationRep:
    i dont live with them, and im only 17 but i am very close to them, an love the loads (L)

ReputationRep:
    No.

I mean, I'll (hopefully) be going to uni next month on the other side of the country, so I won't be living at home anymore but if anything were ever to... happen to my parents I would be utterly devastated.

ReputationRep:
    Currently am and its hellll without them :/

ReputationRep:
    Having been doing so for a while now. At first its hard but over time you'll get used to it. Steep learning curve.

ReputationRep:
    I could, yes. But I'd be worried about them... seems funny, but I wouldn't like to leave them until I'm a bit older.

ReputationRep:
    i caaan't wait to move out... and i feel this way since about 3 years. I really can't stand being with my parents at most times, and the tmospher between us is often so extremly tense, that it really doesn't feel comfortable at home ...

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to move out. Going as far away as possible.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.