Turn on thread page Beta

Is this using someone?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi. My friends and I were having a little discussion, and I was wondering what people's views were on this.

Here's the situation, pretend you're a guy (unless you are a guy, in which case, you're you :p:) and you're at a bar. You see a girl mate of yours that you've had your eye on for quite a while, and she seems rather interested in you too. You and all your friends combined go to another bar (you pay for her entry), and then pay for a couple of drinks for her and she's getting steadily more drunk (as are you). Later you both get into a taxi and go back to yours. However, once she gets back to yours she appears to have sobered up somewhat and even though she comes up to your bedroom, she doesn't have sex with you...instead, she says she's sorry but she doesn't really do one night stands, she prefers relationships and was way too drunk to realise where she was going that night and has only just realised where she is. So you just both sleep in your bed together...

Would you feel used?

My guy mate says he would feel a bit used. I admit I have done this once before, a long time ago...and even though I told him I was sorry but it's just not my thing to have one night stands and I only just realised where I was, I feel rather bad now! Bear in mind this guy was a bit of a notorious womaniser anyway...and in contrast my guy mate is a sensitive sort. Does it just depend on the guy's individual attitude?

ReputationRep:
    ' pretend you're a guy (unless you are a guy, in which case, you're you ) ' - ROFL lol !

I don't know I'm only fifteen only slept with one girl , which means I'm inexperienced . Still got time to go though. I wouldn't say that's being used anyway , the girl had a reason for not wanting sex.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm it's a hard one ... I'll ask my hubby!

ReputationRep:
    Hubby says he wouldn't feel used, as they were just friends to start with, so he wouldn't have expected sex.

ReputationRep:
    no as the female may not have asked for the drinks? it seems they were forced down the girl in exchange for presumed sex....just cos the female doesnt explicitly say no she didnt say yes either:dontknow:
    may not have read the post right; it's kind of late:p:

ReputationRep:
    IIf im reading this right, if I was the girl Id feel like I had been used by the guys. To take a girl and get her tanked would be something that a douchebag would do. Though if she said no I wouldnt mind as it would have been my failed attempt at getting laid ( though i would never do that). Would probably make sure hse got home OK to make up for the feeling of being a complete douche.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like you led the guy on whether you meant to or not, I wouldn't say i'd feel used i'd just be annoyed that i didn't get any action

ReputationRep:
    Just sounds like your typical girl tbh. Guy obviously didn't do it right - if he's any good at the whole seduction thing you'd be banging five shades of midnight out of his sorry ass.

ReputationRep:
    If anything it would be the other way round, the girl would feel a bit used that the guy was obviously only trying to get her to have sex with him.

ReputationRep:
    wtfso basically its a guy trying to get his friend drunk in the hope she will have sex with him and feels used when she wont
    lolololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololol

ReputationRep:
    well, that's all reassuring! Thought I wasn't being unreasonable - cheers everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't feel used if it was just friends....not any harm in cuddling in bed with a mate, if he/she is trustworthy. If i were a guy i doubt i'd feel used either.

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone feel used :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone should have felt/was used in the situation.

ReputationRep:
    But anyone with sense would realise the drink buying was basically to try and get with her, and if she comes home with him, then yeah she's basically led him on massively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socialite)
    Here's the situation, pretend you're a guy (unless you are a guy, in which case, you're you :p:)
    Haha!

So do guys only buy us girls drinks in the hope we will sleep with them?
    Sneeky :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    so close but yet so far

I would feel somewhat annoyed, but you had a good reason so the annoyance probably wouldn't last too long.

used? no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Just sounds like your typical girl tbh. Guy obviously didn't do it right - if he's any good at the whole seduction thing you'd be banging five shades of midnight out of his sorry ass.
    Who did you piss off? Weren't you way into the green.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that girl is a massive **** tease but not necesarily a user

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moreiniho)
    Who did you piss off? Weren't you way into the green.
    The TSR clique. :cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.