Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, well I haven't got an exact title yet, but it'll hover around this:

Jose Bove and his prominent role in the globalization countermovement (for French B).

Basically I'll talk about some of his controversial acts such as dismantling a McDonalds, tearing apart genetically modified crops and discuss some of his ideas about the iraq war, anti US unilateralism etc... It's related to French culture because I'll be basing it around how he believes that large corporations are profiting from France's loss of cultural identity by competing against local food markets and stuff like that. It's easy for me to discuss it because I have a decent idea of the economic and social analysis that I can do, but I want to know if it is a good title. Is it too broad or too narrow? How could I tweak my title to make it most suitable as an EE? Do I need to make my title relate more to France?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    you could perhaps say
    'Jose Bove: a prominent figure in France's globalization countermovement'?
    makes it sound more snappy.
    otherwise, your topic sounds v. interesting, albeit I haven't the faintest clue to what the language 2 ee guidelines are like.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher mentioned that putting the EE title into the form of a question helped to focus it better. titles that are questions tend to be better statistically speaking. so maybe you could have something like, "What was Jose Bove's role in the globalization countermovement?" however, that sounds like it still needs a bit of refining and focus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradise_lost)
    My teacher mentioned that putting the EE title into the form of a question helped to focus it better. titles that are questions tend to be better statistically speaking. so maybe you could have something like, "What was Jose Bove's role in the globalization countermovement?" however, that sounds like it still needs a bit of refining and focus.
    Yeah, I was thinking about that. I will probably put it in the form of a question. How about this (perhaps I could word it better later):

What were the causes and effects of Jose Bove's activism in the globalization countermovement?

ReputationRep:
    hey tsr,

my first post here, so i thought i'd say hello. i'm currently studying the IB at a school near London and my supervisor just quit his job

I was doing my EE on Economics and I am planning to stay on that subject. However, I have trouble finding a topic/title that will grant me access to the highest grades possible.

I was thinking along the lines of:

Title:

To what extent is Bose represented as Monopoly in high-end audio retailers?

content:

- Supply/Demand
    - Luxury Goods
    - Elasticity
    - Advertising/Marketing
    - Retail Stores
    - Overall Presentation

or

How have government policies affected phillip morris' business structure?

content:

- Supply of tabacco
    - Taxing
    - Banning of Advertising
    - Product line
    etc

My second question would contain a lot more secondary research, as a friend of my mother works at phillip morris for a long time.

so my questions are as follows:

could you please give me advice on which question to choose?
    the questions posted are not in their final form, so could you please give me an altered/better version that would fit my EE criteria?

thanks so much for reading all of this

ReputationRep:
    i prefer the second one. um can you be specific in terms of when did the policy is implemented i mean and in what place/city.

ReputationRep:
    sure,

How have government policies affected phillip morris' business?

content:

- Supply of tobacco/ subsidies
    - Taxation on sales
    - Ban of/restrictions in Advertising
    - No Advertising in connection Sport (Formula 1)

- Product line adjustment (light -> gold, medium ->
    -smoking ban

mainly i would be looking at the European union in particular France, the UK and Germany..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.