Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just a head's up. Look's like they've got the usual BS questions for competency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Farquad)
    Just a head's up. Look's like they've got the usual BS questions for competency.
    Hey does applying right now have any huge advantages? cuz Im starting an internship on Monday and so right now it on my CV it would look as something that I havent actually done yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by texex)
    Hey does applying right now have any huge advantages? cuz Im starting an internship on Monday and so right now it on my CV it would look as something that I havent actually done yet.
    I think give it at least a couple weeks. It would look ridiculous if you put it on your CV and mentioned your responsibilities or whatever without even starting it. But you definitely don't need to have finished the internship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teenage Pirate)
    ^^

what texex said. I'm starting a placement on Monday as well which means I'll start applying in early September with 4 weeks of experience under my belt. I don't think they do any interviews this early.
    Im pretty sure last year they had the first AC in September so it could pay to get in early. Im thinking of sending my apps about a week after i start the internship, I already know what projects I am going to be working on for pretty much the whole internship. I guess it would be smarter to send a bit later but I dont think ill be able to wait :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's meant more for US students right now, I'm about a week from the end of my internship and will be going back to university on the 14th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by texex)
    Im pretty sure last year they had the first AC in September so it could pay to get in early. Im thinking of sending my apps about a week after i start the internship, I already know what projects I am going to be working on for pretty much the whole internship. I guess it would be smarter to send a bit later but I dont think ill be able to wait :p:
    Project #1: Retrieved caffeine based beverages from an industry leading chain witihin the vicinity of 200yards, also ensured mental notation of dairy preferences.
    Project #2: Met workers in equity derivatives S&T around 12-1pm each day to discuss possible venues to acquire lunch, took down requests, sauce volumes (specifically mayonnaise) and executed orders within 20 minutes.

There, I've written out your responsibilities. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I think these guys are on a rolling basis so yeah, applying early would help.

Also, does anyone know what the deal is with these comp questions? How heavily are they weighted? How does Barclays position themselves differently.....well how the **** would I know!?!

ReputationRep:
    How does Barclays position themselves differently.....well how the **** would I know!?!
    Then find out or don't apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    Project #1: Retrieved caffeine based beverages from an industry leading chain witihin the vicinity of 200yards, also ensured mental notation of dairy preferences.
    Project #2: Met workers in equity derivatives S&T around 12-1pm each day to discuss possible venues to acquire lunch, took down requests, sauce volumes (specifically mayonnaise) and executed orders within 20 minutes.

Haha, nah its a really small PE shop so the guy said Ill get to work on some deals on top of the basic research, coffee etc.

I am also planning on doing all my summer aps there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by texex)
    first AC for interns as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)

Wow. That's twice as many responsibilities/projects than I ever got.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody else started filling out their application yet? It was specified that the vacancy should be following:

Analyst
    Spring Session
    Front Office
    London

However, there's no such thing as "spring sessions" in the dropbar. Any ideas? This can be changed later on, so it isn't that big of a deal.

Hopefully the interviews don't start yet. I'm moving into the UK only on the 24th of September :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mecken)
    Has anybody else started filling out their application yet? It was specified that the vacancy should be following:

Analyst
    Spring Session
    Front Office
    London

However, there's no such thing as "spring sessions" in the dropbar. Any ideas? This can be changed later on, so it isn't that big of a deal.

Hopefully the interviews don't start yet. I'm moving into the UK only on the 24th of September :confused:
    If you are goin for a spring week dont worry, you have time. I had my SW BarCap interview in Feb/March last year. They wait to get done with SA's and grad first.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone see how to apply for US positions, the main site says they offer them in NY, Maimi etc but when I go to apply all I can see if London, Sydney, Tokyo etc?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know if you passed the verbal and numerical tests? I did the numerical and then the verbal and it just says under consideration.... I assume that means I passed?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know if you passed the verbal and numerical tests? I did the numerical and then the verbal and it just says under consideration.... I assume that means I passed?
    yea u passed

ReputationRep:
    Is the Finance stream where you do your ACA/CIMA? Could someone tell me how many interns are hired for each department? I have got a 8 week summer internship in tax at a mid tier accounting firm - which department do I stand the best chance of getting an internship in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by texex)
    yea u passed
    Sweet, don't know how, I ran out of time and guessed the last 4 quant questions.

Does anyone know how long barc take to look at apps? Or is it a apply and wait 4 months type deal?

ReputationRep:
    do they want all my gcse grades in the education bit?

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, don't know how, I ran out of time and guessed the last 4 quant questions.

Does anyone know how long barc take to look at apps? Or is it a apply and wait 4 months type deal?
    It says it's on a rolling basis so it shouldn't be that long

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.