Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lets go turtles!)
    do they want all my gcse grades in the education bit?
    I put the main ones in, i.e Maths, English, Chem, Bio, Physics and History

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Farquad)
    Sweet, don't know how, I ran out of time and guessed the last 4 quant questions.

Does anyone know how long barc take to look at apps? Or is it a apply and wait 4 months type deal?
    Hey how long was it before u got to take the tests? I submitted my app yestrerday and I thought you took the tests righ away.

ReputationRep:
    can we apply for barwealth as well as barcap? or can we only apply once?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleached)
    One only

ReputationRep:
    i think it said you can apply for barcap/barwealth once and then u can also apply for barclays commerical

ReputationRep:
    i think it said you can apply for barcap/barwealth once and then u can also apply for barclays commerical
    oh right, so it was only once not both. grrr thats annoying lol. i'm applying for full time. i probably dont stand a chance but might as well i guess. :o:

ReputationRep:
    oh right, so it was only once not both. grrr thats annoying lol. i'm applying for full time. i probably dont stand a chance but might as well i guess. :o:
    In that case go for barwealth as the bar is lower than at barcap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    the bar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by texex)
    Hey how long was it before u got to take the tests? I submitted my app yestrerday and I thought you took the tests righ away.
    Immediately, got a message as soon as I clicked submit on the application saying that I had been invited to do a test.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    the bar?
    the bar.

ReputationRep:
    ....wealth barcap
    bar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by texex)
    If it is your first application to Barcap, you will take the test as soon as you submit the form.

If you claim "I have previously applied to Barcap" in the form, then there will be no test for you. You will just receive an email saying "your application is under consideration"

Could anyone please tell me if Barcap or other banks will "discriminate" the re-applicant? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone rate my chance for research internship?

I'm from a non target uni and have just finished my second year. Looking to apply to LSE for masters.

On track for a first class, won an academic prize for 2nd year performance (sponsored by KPMG) and done a couple of internships at Big 4. (Tax and audit)

I think my uni and my lack of banking experience will put me at a disadvantage...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wsddc)
    If it is your first application to Barcap, you will take the test as soon as you submit the form.

If you claim "I have previously applied to Barcap" in the form, then there will be no test for you. You will just receive an email saying "your application is under consideration"

Could anyone please tell me if Barcap or other banks will "discriminate" the re-applicant? Thanks.
    Yea I applied for a spring week and passed the tests back in February but my knowledge of the industry and my CV was absolutely **** so I didnt make it past the interview.

So is it the case that they will see that I already passed the tests so they dont feel the need for me to take them or will they take it that I didnt get past the interview for spring weeks and therefore completely discard me?

ReputationRep:
    neither

Barcap has not launched the "computer filter process" to our applications, which should be the first threshold. At that stage, their computer will automatically pick out those applications with decent "key words" and send rejections to the rest.

I used a proxy to submit a "junk application" to Barcap this Wed. Until now I have not recevied any rejection. Hence our applications are still in their database.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wsddc)
    neither

Barcap has not launched the "computer filter process" to our applications, which should be the first threshold. At that stage, their computer will automatically pick out those applications with decent "key words" and send rejections to the rest.

I used a proxy to submit a "junk application" to Barcap this Wed. Until now I have not recevied any rejection. Hence our applications are still in their database.
    So the filter process just checks that you have a 2.1 etc etc, or does it go into a little more detail??

So I wont have to take the test at all? That seems a little strange, and good luck to the ppl who didnt pass during spring week apps I guess then, kind of seems like a stupid process.

I kind of hoped that they would have a couple early interviews late Aug/early Sep, anybody have any info on Barcaps schedule (first interviews, first AC)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wsddc)

I really cba to do the tests again, i got to final round for BarCap, does this i mean i dont need to do the test for BarWealth? also whats the most polite way to say this? other than: I got to the final round etc..

ReputationRep:
    really? :o:

ReputationRep:
    really? :o:
    Let me answer your question with a question, why do you ask that?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.