Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    is anyone in Allen Hall? I got allen hall and it was my 3rd choice.
    I've been reading everywhere and cannot find anyone from Allen Hall!!!

Anyone?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Somebody??? Anybody!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Allen hall is my 1st choice, so if I get in, there is an extremely high chance I'll stay there. My girlfriend stayed there last year, it's a great little hall, it's small, but honestly it was a little community.

How do you know about your hall place already, did you get an unconditional offer??

ReputationRep:
    YES! one hopefull!

I did IB, so i got my results early July! Are you doing A-levels?
    I honestly dont know much about allen hall... I knew i wanted catered so the choices were already limited. But I have heard many good things uptill now!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Aah!! other people in Allen hall!! it was my third choice but hopefully it's nice, anyone know much about it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    It was my third choice too haha gotta be happy with whatever i got tho.
    I hear its got one of the larger rooms, and thats pretty much all i know about it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I am a second year student at Manchester and I am going to be living in Allen Hall again! That last sentence alone should be testament to what a great little hall it is. It might be small, but it is not lacking in atmosphere, it is a really special little hall of residence which feels much more like a community. Everyone knows everyone, we spend a lot of time communally and you will find that friends you make here will be people you shall go out with, spend a lot of time with and probably move into houses with.

My name's Rob, and I am going to be the Manager of the bar in Allen Hall for this year 2009-10. Our bar is one of the best in fallowfield, and allegedly one of the best Manchester hall of residence bars. Its small, but packed full of prety much every brand of alcohol you can think of, and itsall at amazingly reasonable prices.

Im working on freshers activites with our President, but I would like to point you in the direction of our Facebook group: http://www.new.facebook.com/photos/?...d=109282391041

Please join it, post questions and get to know others!

I look forward to meeting you in september (not long now!!!)

Regards,

Rob

ReputationRep:
    Hey Rob!

I've joined the group, thanks for the link. Makes me feel less alone now.
    Only a few more days left now!
    See you all there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.