Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So i like this guy, for about two months, we spent a lot of time hanging out and stuff, anyway the night before he went away he told me he liked me too, he then went away for a week, and now im away for two weeks, when i get back he'll be in Scotland for a couple of days.... thats nearly four weeks not seeing one another or speaking...
    So after that amount of time whats the likelyhood that any chance of a relationship is gone?
    Has a holiday even ruined your chances?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    why would not seeing each other for a few weeks make you feel any different? :s

ReputationRep:
    You can still speak via text and the internet...
    And if you really want to get together then not seeing eachother for a few weeks shouldn't change the way you feel.
    I was in a similar situation...my ex told me he wants us to get back together then I went away for 2 weeks then he went away for a week when I got back. We're now meeting up next week and haven't seen eachotehr for about 5 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    I hope not - if so Im screwed...

I pulled a guy the night before we were heading back home for summer. We've been texting/msning ever since, but only met up 3 times in two and a half months. Granted, twice this involved staying at each other's houses for the weekend, but we live an hour and a half by train apart and I work full-time so only weekends are ok for meeting. We're officially "going out" now, but due to the fact he's going away on holiday for a month from 23rd august till the start of uni, I may not even see him again till near the end of September. I have faith that it'll work though because why put all this effort (chatting on msn, going to see each other when possible, he's the first person I drunkenly text/call and vice versa) if we're not gonna even speak to each other when we get back in the same city?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, blah blah blah. Scotland has internet and phone connections, so if you're really interested in each other get on msn and start texting.

(Original post by Danielle89)
    I hope not - if so Im screwed...

I pulled a guy the night before we were heading back home for summer. We've been texting/msning ever since, but only met up 3 times in two and a half months. Granted, twice this involved staying at each other's houses for the weekend, but we live an hour and a half by train apart and I work full-time so only weekends are ok for meeting. We're officially "going out" now, but due to the fact he's going away on holiday for a month from 23rd august till the start of uni, I may not even see him again till near the end of September. I have faith that it'll work though because why put all this effort (chatting on msn, going to see each other when possible, he's the first person I drunkenly text/call and vice versa) if we're not gonna even speak to each other when we get back in the same city?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, blah blah blah. Scotland has internet and phone connections, so if you're really interested in each other get on msn and start texting.
    Hope it works out for you
    I managed to some internet access, im in Egypt currently, but forgot he was a party tonight and at work in the day, so that was a waste, texting is too expensive over here... and oddly vodafone wont get signal which is annoying me...
    I spoke to a friend this morning who said that he was missing me which is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hope it works out for you
    I managed to some internet access, im in Egypt currently, but forgot he was a party tonight and at work in the day, so that was a waste, texting is too expensive over here... and oddly vodafone wont get signal which is annoying me...
    I spoke to a friend this morning who said that he was missing me which is good
    Wow, egypt, miles away. We're finding it tough enough from Edinburgh to Arbroath lol. Hope it works for you too - it'd be a shame to throw away the best thing thats happened in a while (back to my situation) because of bad timing eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle7)
    You can still speak via text and the internet...
    And if you really want to get together then not seeing eachother for a few weeks shouldn't change the way you feel.
    I was in a similar situation...my ex told me he wants us to get back together then I went away for 2 weeks then he went away for a week when I got back. We're now meeting up next week and haven't seen eachotehr for about 5 weeks!
    awwww that's so sweet

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder..

If the feelings are there..a couple of weeks won't make a difference..as long as you keep in contact =)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.