Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friend slept with girl I've liked for ages Watch

And I feel pretty ****** and jealous about it. I never told her I liked her because I didn't think it was reciprocated and didn't want to ruin our friendship. It's neither of their faults, obviously. Now it's gonna be uncomfortable when we go out as a group of friends - we all get along well. I don't know what advice people could offer but just needed to vent

ReputationRep:
    Define ages?

ReputationRep:
    Did your mate know you liked her ?

ReputationRep:
    There isn't any advice , sorry. You can't be angry at your mate , and you can't be angry at the girl. So no one is to blame as to what's happend. Dude move on seriously you'll find a better girl in no time.

Oh and try to not use words like reciprocate , makes you sound a bit eughh , could've just said " Worth it " instead.

Hey man good luck though , I hope all goes well and you do get this chick or whatever.

I'm off to bed night !.

ages = months. I know I should have got over her, and I did really, but when you see someone again it changes.

I think he had an idea, as did she, but I hadn't said anything. It's no-one's fault, but the situation just sucks

By reciprocated I meant that she liked me too

ReputationRep:
    Kill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    There isn't any advice , sorry. You can't be angry at your mate , and you can't be angry at the girl. So no one is to blame as to what's happend. Dude move on seriously you'll find a better girl in no time.

Oh and try to not use words like reciprocate , makes you sound a bit eughh , could've just said " Worth it " instead.

Hey man good luck though , I hope all goes well and you do get this chick or whatever.

I'm off to bed night !.
    How did you manage to take the meaning of 'reciprocate' as 'worth it'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    How did you manage to take the meaning of 'reciprocate' as 'worth it'
    I don't know I'm a dumbass boy who's tired. He could have still just said , " Didn't want to ruin our friendship ". Hey sorry Clements I'm being a d*ck. I'm going to bed night !

ReputationRep:
    That sucks, but you can't be mad at either of them if neither knew about your feelings. I suggest moving on and accept that it just wasn't meant to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    And I feel pretty ****** and jealous about it. I never told her I liked her because I didn't think it was reciprocated and didn't want to ruin our friendship. It's neither of their faults, obviously. Now it's gonna be uncomfortable when we go out as a group of friends - we all get along well. I don't know what advice people could offer but just needed to vent
    I know just how you feel. But don't worry. The emptiness/void will pass with time.

Though can I just ask two things?:
    1) Does the friend know you like the girl?
    2) Did they just sleep together or are they now going to start going out, too? And did they do it when drunk? Or when sober?

(Original post by supergirl182)
    I know just how you feel. But don't worry. The emptiness/void will pass with time.

Though can I just ask two things?:
    1) Does the friend know you like the girl?
    2) Did they just sleep together or are they now going to start going out, too? And did they do it when drunk? Or when sober?
    1. He does now, I think he had an idea before.
    2. Think it was just sex, he was gonna ask me advice about it and told me and I was like "ohhh, wrong person to ask". Don't know about the drunk thing.

The biggest problem is now the friendship group is screwed. They're my two best friends at uni

ReputationRep:
    1. He does now, I think he had an idea before.
    2. Think it was just sex, he was gonna ask me advice about it and told me and I was like "ohhh, wrong person to ask". Don't know about the drunk thing.

The biggest problem is now the friendship group is screwed. They're my two best friends at uni
    Damn. Thats going to be weird next year!

(Original post by Chrrye)
    Damn. Thats going to be weird next year!
    The whole situation suck ass. But it's all my own fault, which makes it suck ass even more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    That sucks, but you can't be mad at either of them if neither knew about your feelings. I suggest moving on and accept that it just wasn't meant to be.

Yeah, i agree that no one here is to blame, but it really bugs me when people say 'its not meant to be'.....says who??? who else is living your life apart from you yourself. If you want something, there is always a way of getting there; you just need to ask yourself if its worth the effort....i personally believe its just a pathetic excuse to give up. Obviously I am not directing that towards this situation only, but just life in general.

By the way, 'Dreaming' I respect your opinions fully but just wanted to put this out there

ReputationRep:
    The whole situation suck ass. But it's all my own fault, which makes it suck ass even more.
    Not sure its your fault as such. Does highlight the importance of moving in for the kill earlier next time to get a definitive answer off the girl and preclude badness like this (tho if you both like the girl then there is obviously going to be someone unhappy at the end of the day)

ReputationRep:
    you can still try and get with her, we're not living in the dark ages where she's forever tainted and will only bring shame to your familes name.

ReputationRep:
    HAYMAKER in the FACE is the only way to deal with this, friends, do not shag, other friends potential targets.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.freewebs.com/ut3kowclan/pwned%20DH.jpg

(Original post by Powerlifter)
    http://www.freewebs.com/ut3kowclan/pwned%20DH.jpg
    that's hilarious well done

thanks everyone

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.