Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Ministers take far-right fight to estates" Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    I have shown a source which shows white working class people are some of the lowest achievers in british society. I can also show you many links showing the effect of binge drinking in british culture. You are the one who makes anecdotal evidense up...

Probably because you're white and working class and a failure.
    Well, of course, working class people are the lowest achievers generally. Skin colour has nothing to do with it. Hence, the fact white people built this country, make up most MPs in parliament, including Prime Minister, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    Well, of course, working class people are the lowest achievers generally. Skin colour has nothing to do with it. Hence, the fact white people built this country, make up most MPs in parliament, including Prime Minister, etc.

Still the children of working class chinese people outperform the children of middle class white people. Race does not just determine skin colour, this is a nonsense notion put into your head by politically correct morons.... Also culture is very important. In asian culture education is valued very highly in white culture... making sure your children are happy doing what they want appears to be more important.

Did white people build this country? have you got any proof of that. If anything since world war 2 immigrants have been central in the building of this country epecially in engineering and architecture. I defiently question this notion.

There are too many white MPs, Asian people contribute to 10 percent of this economy and so should have this level fo representation atleast. However unfuortunately MP are pandering to the white working class sun readers instead.

ReputationRep:

Did white people build this country? have you got any proof of that. If anything since world war 2 immigrants have been central in the building of this country epecially in engineering and architecture. I defiently question this notion.
    You've got to be kidding me

ReputationRep:
    You've got to be kidding me
    No, I have already explained my reasoning. White people seem to have some unfounded belief that everything in this country is made by white people and immigrants just take from this nation.

When in reality many of the engineers architects and people central in building this country are immigrants.

You have white kids whos family have existed on welfare all their lives telling Asian kids whos familys have worked as engineers and doctors for 20 years that they should get out of their country, the country they built.

ReputationRep:
    No, I have already explained my reasoning. White people seem to have some unfounded belief that everything in this country is made by white people and immigrants just take from this nation.

When in reality many of the engineers architects and people central in building this country are immigrants.

You have white kids whos family have existed on welfare all their lives telling Asian kids whos familys have worked as engineers and doctors for 20 years that they should get out of their country, the country they built.
    This country was made by white people, you can not actually believe it wasn't? Mass immigration from Asia only started in, like, the sixties. White people were the architects and builders then, and they continue to make up the majority now. You talk about the building efforts of 'immigrants' - in the past, they were usually white Irish - nowadays, they're usually white Polish... I can't believe you think Asian people built this country, because they have owned the medical profession since - what - the 1980's. Its an achievement, yes, but they certainly did not build this country

ReputationRep:
    This country was made by white people, you can not actually believe it wasn't? Mass immigration from Asia only started in, like, the sixties. White people were the architects and builders then, and they continue to make up the majority now. You talk about the building efforts of 'immigrants' - in the past, they were usually white Irish - nowadays, they're usually white Polish... I can't believe you think Asian people built this country, because they have owned the medical profession since - what - the 1980's. Its an achievement, yes, but they certainly did not build this country

By building i do not mean builders haha... you are funny. Not all builders are white.

Everything pre sixties is trash now except for like cathedrals and historic buildings... Modern day britain was built by immigrants...

I didn't just say doctors i said engineers and architects also. Go to any top universities engineerign and architecture department.... have a look around.

ReputationRep:
    So it's just asian immigrants you hate? Not Irish or European?

ReputationRep:
    By building i do not mean builders haha... you are funny. Not all builders are white.

Everything pre sixties is trash now except for like cathedrals and historic buildings... Modern day britain was built by immigrants...

I didn't just say doctors i said engineers and architects also. Go to any top universities engineerign and architecture department.... have a look around.
    Ahaha well done, you're right, most - but not all - builders are white.

... Most pre-sixties buildings are beautiful... Modern day architecture is usually conceived by Europeans anyway.

You're really dumb. The British built Britain - you better believe it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeytk)
    So it's just asian immigrants you hate? Not Irish or European?
    I don't hate anyone.

He said white people didn't build Britain, and immigrants did instead. In the case of building, it was planned and built by European immigrants who were white.

Pretty simple.

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha well done, you're right, most - but not all - builders are white.

... Most pre-sixties buildings are beautiful... Modern day architecture is usually conceived by Europeans anyway.

You're really dumb. The British built Britain - you better believe it!
    Yep - the British built Britain with NO HELP from anyone else - just like we won both world wars with NO HELP from anyone else...oh...hang on a minute...

In his book Capitalism and Colonial Production, Hamza Alavi estimates that the resource flow from India to Britain between 1793 and 1803 was in the order of £2m a year, the equivalent of many billions today. The economic drain from India, he notes, "has not only been a major factor in India's impoverishment … it has also been a very significant factor in the industrial revolution in Britain".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...s-banks-reform

And if that was about European trade alone, then we'd have needed precious metals to pay for the goods from the far east...those precious metals coming from the mines in South America - and we all know what benevolent fellows those conquistadores were...
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/eco...%20Prakash.pdf

Also, the Irish construction workers did a fair share of the manual work required to build everything - http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/lei.../barriers3.htm

Also, one of the key people behind the latter part of the industrial revolution, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, had a French father who fled France during the revolution - http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/histori...isambard.shtml

The beautiful irony is that the two top "Greatest Britons" in that BBC series voted on by the nation had one parent born outside the UK.

So...feel free to believe that it was only the British who built Britain, but be aware that you're missing out on the majority of Britain's eventful an fascinating history if you choose to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)
    Yep - the British built Britain with NO HELP from anyone else - just like we won both world wars with NO HELP from anyone else...oh...hang on a minute...

In his book Capitalism and Colonial Production, Hamza Alavi estimates that the resource flow from India to Britain between 1793 and 1803 was in the order of £2m a year, the equivalent of many billions today. The economic drain from India, he notes, "has not only been a major factor in India's impoverishment … it has also been a very significant factor in the industrial revolution in Britain".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...s-banks-reform

And if that was about European trade alone, then we'd have needed precious metals to pay for the goods from the far east...those precious metals coming from the mines in South America - and we all know what benevolent fellows those conquistadores were...
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/eco...%20Prakash.pdf

Also, the Irish construction workers did a fair share of the manual work required to build everything - http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/lei.../barriers3.htm

Also, one of the key people behind the latter part of the industrial revolution, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, had a French father who fled France during the revolution - http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/histori...isambard.shtml

The beautiful irony is that the two top "Greatest Britons" in that BBC series voted on by the nation had one parent born outside the UK.

So...feel free to believe that it was only the British who built Britain, but be aware that you're missing out on the majority of Britain's eventful an fascinating history if you choose to do so.
    Well, of course, but that doesn't change anything. The British built Brtain AND the Empire. We only relied on other countries as much as any other country is reliant.

ReputationRep:
    Too many bigots in this thread... And TSR as a whole if you ask me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.