Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

argh so i've just woken up to a delightful text from my boyfriend detailing all of the antics he got up to last night while on holiday with friends in spain. including dancing with a britney spears tribute, throwing up over his balcony and some 'really hot girl' (apparently his mates words not his :rolleyes: ) was dancing with him and tried to kiss him.

we've been together a long time. about two and a half years and i do trust him and love him alot. but that text has just really pissed me off. i'm not naive, i've just got back from a holiday with friends in greece and i know it gets a little crazy. but my boyfriend gets annoyed with me because he says i flirt with people all the time and i don't even realise i'm doing it. i really don't think this is a fair argument. i'm friendly to everyone, i'm naturally quite playful and i don't do it intentionally so i can't see why there's a problem, especially as my boyfriend is of a similar nature.

but anyway, my point was, what is he doing dancing with girls enough to make them think he wants to kiss them???? i've never seen a girl just throw herself at a guy she didn't think was interested. hmph :mad: am i being silly here or do i have a right to feel a little pissed off and like he's being a hypocrite?

ReputationRep:
    It seems he's just being a tad insensitive and doesn't know how much it pisses you off. He could feel secure enough with your relationship to 'report' to you detail of his night with the thought that you trust him enough to let him have his fun while trusting him.

Although equally, it could be to try and make you jealous, as a way to even up the fact that you seemingly flirt all the time. If he does it again, then just talk to him and point out you're glad he's having fun but you'd rather not have this thrown in your face and that he should be sensitive to how you'd feel about it all.

But I will say..at least he's being honest..cause ignorance isn't always bliss! =/

ReputationRep:
    He definitely banged the other girl if she offered it on the plate, lads can't help themselves its a fact of life.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he was doing it to spite you as he thinks you threw yourself out too much in Greece? Might be trying to make you jealous?

ReputationRep:
    No, I think its just caught you in a certain mood. An irritable one, I mean, the one where you see every single thing thats wrong and carefully pick it to pieces.

Besides that, I always found texts about people's experiences annoying, you're always forced to respond to it positively and like you're really interested.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he was being honest, telling you before you find out from someone else, and she tried so kiss him, obviously didnt manage to, talk to him when he gets back

(Original post by Caze)
    No, I think its just caught you in a certain mood. An irritable one, I mean, the one where you see every single thing thats wrong and carefully pick it to pieces.

Besides that, I always found texts about people's experiences annoying, you're always forced to respond to it positively and like you're really interested.
    hehe probably. i'm not really a morning person. i'm less pissed off about it now, god knows i haven't told him some of the things that happened in greece lol. (nothing bad, i didn't cheat or anything like it). at least he feels secure enough to tell me. and he did say that his friend was then sick all over the same girl so i highly doubt she was interested after that

ReputationRep:
    I often tell my boyfriend if I have been talking to guys or whatever on nights out just so it doesn't get back 2 him all twisted, not that he wouldn't trust what I said anyway. Maybe he just wanted to give his side of the story incase his friends talked about it?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he was joking to me.

He probably slept with her. If you two have so much "trust" and "love", he wouldn't even get close to another girl.

Big deal, you guys will break up soon like most other couples.

PS: Personal experience and hence anon.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go mental! It's just how we are as a couple though, don't like the idea of anyone else near the other.

At least he has told you, although it would have probably been more sensible to explain face to face rather than over a text.

ReputationRep:
    I can guarantee you that him kissing a few girls won't be the worst thing he does. I've been on 9 lads holidays and have seen the nicest most committed men cheat on their girlfriends, fiancee's and newlywed wives.

It's what those sort of holidays are all about.

ReputationRep:
    He may not have sent out any signals to this 'hot girl' at all, sure could easily have misinterpreted his behaviour as flirtatious or whatever especially as she would have been drinking.
    I think it was wrong of him to tell you over a text because of course it is going to worry you but there's nothing you can do it about, like you said, you trust him so that's all you can do until he gets back and then you can talk to him about the holiday.

ReputationRep:
    yh like others have said, he probably did giver her one right in the face

wow some of you guys are optimists.

i trust my boyfriend completely. if you want to say negative things about that then go ahead but i will trust in him until he does something to break it, if he ever does. you guys don't know me and you don't know him. i don't know what kind of kicks you get out of telling people their relationships will fail or their partner will cheat when you don't know anything about it. get a life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

i trust my boyfriend completely. if you want to say negative things about that then go ahead but i will trust in him until he does something to break it, if he ever does. you guys don't know me and you don't know him. i don't know what kind of kicks you get out of telling people their relationships will fail or their partner will cheat when you don't know anything about it. get a life.
    exactly, innocent until proven guilty.

(Original post by Anonymous)

You asked a question and people have given you their opinion. Obviously they don't you or your bf. :rolleyes: If you just want people to reassure you that he is drinking Coke and going to bed with a Grisham book at 10pm, bad luck.

People have posted their views based on personal experiences and what they have seen with mates etc. Take or leave it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.