Turn on thread page Beta

"If Ron Paul was ever elected, he would be assassinated." watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was talking with a friend about the American politician Ron Paul the other day. He was of the opinion that if Paul were elected President, then he would be assassinated by inside forces such as the CIA. Closing down the Federal Reserve and ending US military influence the world over would be the nail in his coffin, apparently.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I never thought of that, its rather interesting. Its a possibility but chances are he won't become President so know need to worry.

I wish they would change there constitution, so that Arnie can become President in 2012!

ReputationRep:
    He would never be elected, if he was , the US would have no more credibility in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntoineUK)
    He would never be elected, if he was , the US would have no more credibility in the world.
    :curious: I thought it was George Bush who took away the US' credibility.

Ron Paul would make America alot better, the fact that he is a pacifist is the first and biggest bonus for America on the worls stage. But like you said he won't become President because he is to "radical" and doesn't sit well in his party.

He's also a bit of an isolationist, much to the chargrin of Republicans, who believe that America is a force of good.

ReputationRep:
    How?

(Original post by MazalTov89)
    He's also a bit of an isolationist, much to the chargrin of Republicans, who believe that America is a force of good.
    What do you mean by 'isolationist'? Refusing to meddle in conflicts in the middle east?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    How?

What do you mean by 'isolationist'? Refusing to meddle in conflicts in the middle east?

Withdrawing from NAFTA, the UN, NATO, etc.

How?
    Well yeah, that and he wants to pull out of the UN, NATO and any other organisations that America's involved in.

EDIT: Bax-man beat me too it.

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit random, but this is the same Ron Paul who was in Bruno??

He was sooo funny =D

ReputationRep:
    I thought he was the candidate that spoke the most sense personally. However, many Americans are absolute fanatics who would be in dispair if their military grip on the world ever diminished. Ron Paul basically wants to make the US a big version of Sweden.

(Original post by Tommy Jay)
    This is a bit random, but this is the same Ron Paul who was in Bruno??

He was sooo funny =D
    :yep:

I felt sorry for the guy, haha.

ReputationRep:
    He was the best candidate, but he will never get any kind of mainstream support, his agenda is to give America back to the people, that means taking power away from bankers and the military-industrial complex.

ReputationRep:
    How?
    Because he's an idealist , he wants America's troop to be withdrawn from many countries abroad. That would only weaken America's power.

ReputationRep:
    Because he's an idealist , he wants America's troop to be withdrawn from many countries abroad. That would only weaken America's power.
    No it isn't power is money, and they will make more money instead of meddling in foreign affairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tucker672)
    No it isn't power is money, and they will make more money instead of meddling in foreign affairs.
    Foreign affairs is what makes a country powerful. Just look at the cold war , The USSR was only powerful because it was spending billions on it's military.

ReputationRep:
    Well usually stupid people assasinate leaders, and stupid people vote for Ron Paul.

So no he would be fine as no smart person would try to assasinate him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harris)
    Well usually stupid people assasinate leaders, and stupid people vote for Ron Paul.

So no he would be fine as no smart person would try to assasinate him.
    What is wrong with Ron Paul?

ReputationRep:
    Presumably you mean 'elected President' rather than simply elected - considering he is an elected and popular Senator already.

Having 'credibility' amongst a nest of vipers is hardly worthwhile, is it?

(Original post by Don_Scott)
    What is wrong with Ron Paul?
    The left hate him because he presents a pleasant, popular and logical alternative to their system. Left wingers quite simply don't like popular right wingers, and go out of their way to slander them.

ReputationRep:
    Ron Paul has always striked me as being a man in the wrong party. He claims that his views are traditional Republican views, but in the modern day Republican party, I'd say ideologically he'd be more at home with the Democrats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    The left hate him because he presents a pleasant, popular and logical alternative to their system. Left wingers quite simply don't like popular right wingers, and go out of their way to slander them.
    He's actually a Congressman but I like him as he is very genuine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.