Turn on thread page Beta

Urgent (UKCAT)!! Need suggestions on which of the two books i should buy watch

ReputationRep:
    Which one of these books should i buy?

Succeeding in the 2009 UK Clinical Aptitude test (UKCAT)

or

600 UKCAT Practice Questions

My tests are coming in 2 months. I have been using free online practice and also other useful downloads but have never bothered with a study book. But now i feel the need for one...Need some recommendations please...Really

ReputationRep:
    Why not get both?

You can't have too much practice??

ReputationRep:
    Harry potter is a good book.

ReputationRep:
    The first one is useless, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    You'd get better answers in here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=966689

(Original post by UKCAT Thread)
    Q: What book should I buy to practice from?
    A: Various books have been recommended in the past:
    Passing the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) and BMAT 2009, Taylor, Hutton and Hutton, Learning Matters Ltd, ISBN 1844452840
    Get into Medical School - 600 UKCAT Practice Questions. Includes Full Mock Exam, comprehensive tips, techniques and explanations, Olivier Picard, Laetitia Tighlit, Sami Tighlit, and David Phillips, ISC Medical, ISBN 1905812094
    How to Pass the UKCAT: Unbeatable Practice for Success in the 2009 United Kingdom Clinical Aptitude Test, Mike Byron and Jim Clayden, Kogan Page Ltd., ISBN 0749453338

ReputationRep:
    As ive said i have only less than two months and i really want to have one good to study with that will allow me to achieve a possible above average grade. That being said within the amount of time which is better?

ReputationRep:
    Buy both? It'll be worth it...

ReputationRep:
    i havent got the first one but the 600Q one is excellent, a must buy

ReputationRep:
    BOTH!!! seriously, they're both great, and even with the 600 question one you'll wish you had more practice.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the UKCAT one of those tests you can't really study for because it tests aptitude rather than knowledge? If so, you probably could just as well do a hell of a lot IQ tests and be done with it. Otherwise you should probably choose the one with the most practice questions in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iliketea)
    Isn't the UKCAT one of those tests you can't really study for because it tests aptitude rather than knowledge? If so, you probably could just as well do a hell of a lot IQ tests and be done with it. Otherwise you should probably choose the one with the most practice questions in it.
    You can't really study, but you can prepare for it...

ReputationRep:
    Without hesitation, the 600 UKCAT questions book. Definitely the best out of all of them.
    You can't revise for it because there is no need for any specific knowledge but you MUST make sure that you increase your reading and thinking speed in relation to all the exercises.No need to start doing that 2 months before otherwise it is going to do your head in, but starting 2 or 3 weeks before will be more than sufficient.

ReputationRep:
    Get the 600 UKCAT questions book. It's the best one.
    Many of the people on this forum who used it got really good scores. It also has something like 25 5* ratings on Amazon.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.