Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going away soon, and I'm quite a body concious person...I want to buy a tankini, and board shorts (like those surfer ones) but I'm not sure where to go...
    I don't want to spend a lot of money, because quite honestly, I am skint at the moment...
    So, any suggestions? I found a nice tankini top on the Next website, but that was £12, which is still pushing it
    I know primark is an option, but I don't want to trek into central london, and then have no luck...
    Thanks
    x

ReputationRep:
    Places like Quiksilver, Animal, Fat Face, White Stuff.. I know they're fairly expensive but I think most of them have a sale on at the moment.
    Have you tried Debenhams? They have a sale on
    I think and brands like Jasper Conran/Julian McDonald/Oasis do nice tankinis I think.
    You could try Peacocks if there's one near you, they're cheap but better quality than Primark.
    Or H&M is fairly cheap

ReputationRep:
    La Senz might do some.

Roxy is a brilliant brand for sporty but cool swimwear, but it might be quite expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Also, www.boohoo.com
    Its really cheap and has a sale at the moment. there board shorts for £2 although they are short ones. I haven't seen any tankinis but they have swimming costumes and also bikinis that would flatter a curvy figure (halterneck, boy shorts) as you say your self conscious about your body?
    Hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, I have a peacocks near me without taking the tube haha, so I'll look in there soon and have a browse on all of those shops online

ReputationRep:
    I know this is totally unhelpful, but I had no idea what a tankini was so I googled it. What a great idea! Looks better than a one piece, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saivens)
    Also, www.boohoo.com
    they have swimming costumes and also bikinis that would flatter a curvy figure (halterneck, boy shorts) as you say your self conscious about your body?
    :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    i got a bikini with shorts from animal recentley, there was a sale on though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaztan)
    :eyeball:
    ?
    The OP said she wanted a tankini, I couldn't see any when I had a quick glance through the site and most of the bikinis were string bikinis or similar, which I doubt the OP would be comfortable in as she said she was self conscious about her body. I did however see some bikinis that I thought looked like they would give more support and flatter a curvy figure (if she has one). I'm hardly being rude?..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saivens)
    ?
    The OP said she wanted a tankini, I couldn't see any when I had a quick glance through the site and most of the bikinis were string bikinis or similar, which I doubt the OP would be comfortable in as she said she was self conscious about her body. I did however see some bikinis that I thought looked like they would give more support and flatter a curvy figure (if she has one). I'm hardly being rude?..
    Don't worry, I didn't see it as rude

ReputationRep:
    BHS and Debenhams both have sales on with lots of inexpensive nice things

ReputationRep:
    I like these

http://www.newlook.co.uk/1702540/170...ctDetails.aspx

http://www.newlook.co.uk/1658661/165...ctDetails.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryBakewell)
    Don't worry, I didn't see it as rude
    Aw okay, I didn't mean it rudely Good luck finding something!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.