Turn on thread page Beta

Help me with GCSE course work of resistance of wire. watch

ReputationRep:
    Help,
    I've just been given this course work on resistance of wore and I donw understand it. Can anyone help?
    All I know is r=v/i
    and that it's all Ohms law and thats it.
    Help.
    PLease can some one e-mail me with some answers.
    Thanks you in advance
    Judith

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judith)
    Help,
    I've just been given this course work on resistance of wore and I donw understand it. Can anyone help?
    All I know is r=v/i
    Help.
    Thanks you in advance
    Judith
    Hey Im not great a phy but hmm hope this might help- and you might also want to check in a text book to see if Im right *btw you could search on google or something they sometimes give sample c/work essays they use to help me alot*

resistance= voltage/ current.

So this means the if you draw a graph of voltage against current, the slope of the graph would give you resistance. It should be a straight line graph coming down from right to left, as the current through a resistor at a contstant temp is directly proportional to the voltage, so if one goes up the other should go up at the same rate.

You might also want to look into factors affecting the resistance of the wire eg temp.

Anyways hope this helps

Cat

ReputationRep:
    Help,
    All I know is r=v/i
    Help.
    Thanks you in advance
    Judith
    go on courseworkbank.com, its really good.

ReputationRep:
    Help,
    All I know is r=v/i
    Help.
    Thanks you in advance
    Judith
    i will email you using my telepathic knowledge of everyone's email addresses.....

ReputationRep:
    have you decided to do thickness of wire? or length of wire? or material of wire? or something

you just need to investigate the factors which affect the resistance of wire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by true_believer)
    have you decided to do thickness of wire? or length of wire? or material of wire? or something

you just need to investigate the factors which affect the resistance of wire
    The wires I'm using are Nicrome and Constant. I've done the pre,limanary results. Can you help. If you can is it possible for you to e-mail me on [email protected] Thanks in advance I hope.
    xx Judith

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_cat)
    Hey Im not great a phy but hmm hope this might help- and you might also want to check in a text book to see if Im right *btw you could search on google or something they sometimes give sample c/work essays they use to help me alot*

resistance= voltage/ current.

So this means the if you draw a graph of voltage against current, the slope of the graph would give you resistance. It should be a straight line graph coming down from right to left, as the current through a resistor at a contstant temp is directly proportional to the voltage, so if one goes up the other should go up at the same rate.

You might also want to look into factors affecting the resistance of the wire eg temp.

Anyways hope this helps

Cat
    Thank you. You have been a great help.
    Judith

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i will email you using my telepathic knowledge of everyone's email addresses.....
    How r u gonna do that. My e-amil address is [email protected]
    If you can help
    Thank you
    xxxxxx
    Judith

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAD)
    go on courseworkbank.com, its really good.
    Dear Chad,
    Thank you so much.
    I went on courseworkbank and I couldn't belive how many courseworkjs were there.
    Thank you.
    I'll you that more often.
    Thank you again.
    xxxxxxxxx
    Judith

ReputationRep:
    Are all of you my age?
    I'm 15 going on 16 and I'm gonna be going to college soon.
    If you r, good luck on your GCSE's coming up and good luck on you mocks.
    Love from
    Judith
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm 15 - year 11

this thread is a week old...

yeah, good luck to all on mocks and the real GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    have a look at the sililar threads at the botom of the page, there are loads

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.