Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you shop at 99p Stores/Poundland? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Be honest, have no shame. Nothing wrong in it.

ReputationRep:
    I basically live for B+M bargains wine.

ReputationRep:
    No, the one near me smells of poor people

ReputationRep:
    Yup!!! I hope there's a good one in Dundee!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's alright if you want stuff like drinks, and sweets and whatever, but I don't really buy anything else in there, tbh. Not to say I wouldn't, if they had what I wanted though!

ReputationRep:
    Only when buying Christmas Presents :awesome:

Yes, assorted misshaped chocolated FTW :top:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, for chocolate and shampoo

ReputationRep:
    That place is amazing! :P

ReputationRep:
    hell yeah! poundland, aldi, lidl, b&m.. i even shopped in a 1 euro sex shop in amsterdam :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol all my kitchen utensils are all from pound land, got loads of plates, bowels from there etc

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sometimes, there's one down the road on the way to uni. It'as useful for picking up little supplies when you can't be bothered to go to a supermarket.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason 99p/Pound stores always smell very stale. I have no idea why, but the smell is very off-putting.

ReputationRep:
    Cheap Coke that's close to expiry date!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burninginme)
    For some reason 99p/Pound stores always smell very stale. I have no idea why, but the smell is very off-putting.
    It is the smell of congregation of poor people,I believe.

ReputationRep:
    yeah! nothing wrong with it, love the feeling of getting a good bargain! haha.
    actually just bought myself some mess tins for Leeds Festival from poundland the other day instead of buying them at Millets for a tenner!

ReputationRep:
    Only for stuff like shampoo, shower gel, cleaning products. Foodwise I'd only get non-perishable stuff (right word?) like sweets, chocolate, crisps etc.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Closer to Christmas, I buy wrapping paper, gift tags etc.
    Don't see anything wrong with it as it looks the same as the stuff from WhSmith that costs twice the amount (if not more).

ReputationRep:
    ofcourse!!! why spend extra on something you can get for a pound or even 99p!!! especially since i don't have a salary of £40,000 just yet so let us celebrate the awesomeness that is poundland and 99p stores

ReputationRep:
    I buy hair putty from there, I used to spend around 4 quid for a little tub of the exact same stuff at boots, so yeah... no shame. I'm saving like 3 quid init

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.