Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattt)
    yeah! nothing wrong with it, love the feeling of getting a good bargain! haha.
    actually just bought myself some mess tins for Leeds Festival from poundland the other day instead of buying them at Millets for a tenner!

me too! :woo: and 4 camp stools cos i know they're all going to get nicked :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalev)
    me too! :woo: and 4 camp stools cos i know they're all going to get nicked :woo:
    haa good thinking!
    what are you cooking on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Fair Britain?)
    Be honest, have no shame. Nothing wrong in it.
    Their stuff is generally better quality than the value ranges. I mostly buy disposable batteries and some computer stuff.

Once I picked up a pack of Calgonit Dishwasher tabs, a 30 pack for 75p (a one off marked pack in Poundland).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattt)
    haa good thinking!
    what are you cooking on?
    im bringing a little hexi (sp?) cooker but my friend is bringing his gas stove cooker thing so i wouldnt be suprised if i just use that all weekend How about you?

ReputationRep:
    im bringing a little hexi (sp?) cooker but my friend is bringing his gas stove cooker thing so i wouldnt be suprised if i just use that all weekend How about you?
    oo do you know that gas cannisters are banned now? :/

ReputationRep:
    Nearest B+Ms just opened recently and is about 15 miles away(only a few trains a day to the town though, want to visit there) and the bus fares are like £8 return or £9 daily unlimited.

Anyway used to go to one in Cheshire where it was like 30p alcopops, cheap biscuits etc great at freshers and to show the new students there.

Home Bargains is generally slightly better for things like soft drinks and a few times have had 5p Trident Gum

PoundLand is the "best" pound store as it has a lot of stuff(mainly electrical) that others dont, sure the things like scart cables either dont work at all or not for long but you get what you pay for, got some rare dvds from there for and Jurassic Park movies for £1 each and American Pie movies £1 each(duh)

PoundWorld is generally worse but has its gems there, got some good Tea Tree moisturising spot cleaner before, and some brand name face scrubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattt)
    oo do you know that gas cannisters are banned now? :/

:zomg: i didnt! its only my first year yasee so i dont really know all the rules and regs, but the people i'm going with have been going for 3/4 years in a row now so i'm sure they'll know what to do instead!

ReputationRep:
    pack of frazzles for a pound!!!!!
    uhm yes I do.

ReputationRep:
    :zomg: i didnt! its only my first year yasee so i dont really know all the rules and regs, but the people i'm going with have been going for 3/4 years in a row now so i'm sure they'll know what to do instead!
    ahhh.
    yeah well usually they are allowed but due to the increasing number of idiots throwing them onto bonfires on the Sunday night they've had to be banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Examboy*)
    :five:

You are talking about the one in Canton opposite Cash Generator next to the Indo-Cymru restaurant and fruit stall and opposite that is Subway right?

:ninja:
    Well it was the one down there til the one on Albany Road opened. That was such a good day when I saw it was opening :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodles!)
    Well it was the one down there til the one on Albany Road opened. That was such a good day when I saw it was opening :woo:
    I prefer my one! :huff:

Do you go to Benny's? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I go in there to buy party stuff like the hats, balloons, party poppers etc. So not very often.

I did when I was in school, just to buy random bits of food in large quantities

ReputationRep:
    Yeh they are amazing for things that u need to buy but dont really want to pay full price for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finbar21)
    I'm not actually joking...
    Mhm. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

ReputationRep:
    Sweeties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eli2ab3th)
    So true

I sometimes walk around poundland and think "I can get this from 99p store and save a penny" lol :p:
    Haha lol it's not even that it's just that Poundland is just...Poundland!

ReputationRep:
    not often but occasionally when theres nowhere else to go lol

there was a store around the corner from it which was a 98p store but then a few days later ot was a 95p store lol maybe it kept going down every day

the coca cola bottles in 99p store come in pairs and are written in an arabic sort of langauge

ReputationRep:
    I used to buy mint imperials from the pound store but it just icks me out now. It smells so bad in there and I'm sure all the sweets and jazz are out of date, so, no.

I'll happily buy drinks from Savers though - they have them in the fridge and only charge 19p for a bottle of water as opposed to getting on for a quid at most places!

You've reminded me of my mint imperials obsession. Nom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    I used to buy mint imperials from the pound store but it just icks me out now. It smells so bad in there and I'm sure all the sweets and jazz are out of date, so, no.

I'll happily buy drinks from Savers though - they have them in the fridge and only charge 19p for a bottle of water as opposed to getting on for a quid at most places!

You've reminded me of my mint imperials obsession. Nom.
    Home Bargains has bottles of water for 15p. I adore that shop. I keep buying packets of Fox's crinkles for 85p. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.