Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bought a new pair of shoes but a bit confused Watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently bought a new pair of shoes and last time I bought a pair I don't remember them being laces like this. They are laces in a ladder fashion with no cross overs but both ends of the lace are on the same side but one starts at the top and one at the bottom. See pictures below:

Now what should I do to tie it? Should I tie so the knot it on the left of the shoe and not the middle?

Please answer asap as I need to get some lunch :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just relace them...

ReputationRep:
    dont tie them and instead just put your foot in with the laces underneath your foot...?

ReputationRep:
    You mean relace it like this? http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/straightbarlacing.htm

Why do they not just send them out like this :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattt)
    dont tie them and instead just put your foot in with the laces underneath your foot...?
    Will that not be a bit unconformable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Will that not be a bit unconformable?
    not particularly, if you just fix the laces so they're not when you put them on.

either that or just relace them..

ReputationRep:
    top mannn

ReputationRep:
    Relace them...that's what i did!

ReputationRep:
    Well I have relaced them for those that care.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to bother relacing them, all you have to do is take the top lace out of the hole on the left, and pull the lace that's left underneath on the left through the hole (from the bottom) that the other lace was in. That way you'll get both laces coming through the top holes from beneath.

Edit: Just saw that you'd already relaced them. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Relace them criss-cross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    Relace them criss-cross.
    How come, do you think they look better criss-cross?

ReputationRep:
    They're supposed to be like that on the outside. Just relace them. So it looks like that on the outside, but both ends come out at the top. It's a bit hard to describe without actually showing you, but if you think really hard about it, then I'm sure you'll do it haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    How come, do you think they look better criss-cross?
    I prefer them straight across but its easier to get a nice tight fit with them criss-crossed to support your foot properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    I prefer them straight across but its easier to get a nice tight fit with them criss-crossed to support your foot properly.
    Yeh good thinking, I found the straight way isn't very supportive, I think I will try out different ways.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.