Turn on thread page Beta

Postgraduate management degree watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was wondering what people thought about the benefits of doing a degree in management/business/marketing or similar as a postgraduate.

Does it make you significantly more competitive in the work place than if you have a decent undergraduate degree in a social science/arts subject?

Is it worth paying the fees, or should I spend the year I could be studying finding extra work experience and working my way up?

Does it matter SIGNIFICANTLY what university such a degree comes from? Would it be an advantage to do it at a different university to the one I did my undergrad in? (Which is a Russell group uni)

I know this is all just opinions but I would really appreciate any advice at this stage!

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.