Turn on thread page Beta

Ralph lauren black polo...help!! watch

ReputationRep:
    I had been after a ralph lauren polo for ages and now that I've finally got one it seems to have faded and looks dull after the first wash! I have read that I should have used vinegar in the first wsh to lock in the dye but its too late for that now I have heard that clothes can have colour put back into them though by being re-dyed? Does anyone know where this can be done and how much it is?

ReputationRep:
    Places like hobbycraft and beatties will have clothes dye - but i think that would ruin it tbh esp if its not done properly. I'm actually quite suprised - i wouldn't expect this from a ralph lauren item. I've never heard of anyone actually using vinegar to lock in the dye and wouldn't have thought it made that much of a difference.
    Where did you get the polo from?

ReputationRep:
    you probs bought a fake one off ebay m8

gg

ReputationRep:
    Did you buy it from a shop? Take it back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    Places like hobbycraft and beatties will have clothes dye - but i think that would ruin it tbh esp if its not done properly. I'm actually quite suprised - i wouldn't expect this from a ralph lauren item. I've never heard of anyone actually using vinegar to lock in the dye and wouldn't have thought it made that much of a difference.
    Where did you get the polo from?
    It was a ralph lauren shop, one of those factory outlets. I would just take it back but not sure if I will get an exchange and it is an hours drive away.

ReputationRep:
    I have quite a few Ralph Lauren polos and I've never had that happen to me, are you sure its real?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tory Dan)
    I have quite a few Ralph Lauren polos and I've never had that happen to me, are you sure its real?
    As I said above, it was from a ralph lauren shop so I am sure its real. I've probably just made a mistake in washing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mindy123)
    As I said above, it was from a ralph lauren shop so I am sure its real. I've probably just made a mistake in washing it.
    I would take it back and get it swapped, I don't think you will be able to reverse it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tory Dan)
    I would take it back and get it swapped, I don't think you will be able to reverse it now.
    Will try it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.