Turn on thread page Beta

Can you really be bisexual? watch

ReputationRep:
    There is a lot of debate about this - nature and nurture being one - but I'm curious as to how you feel about this.

Are you only straight or gay, or can you be a mix? What makes you this way? Do people claim to be bisexual because they don't want to admit to being gay or do people really fancy both sexes?

In todays society when the lines between beauty are so blurred, when men wear makeup and the colour pink, and women take on far more roles that have been previously considered 'masculine', is society to blame for this?

No bi-sexuals are real, I like boys and girls

ReputationRep:
    Yes people can be attracted to both genders.
    asking if society is "to blame" is loaded question because you are implying that bisexuality is a negative thing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure on the notion of one being bisexual. I personally don't mind being with a girl who is bisexual (I don't think there are many guys that would mind :awesome:), but it's important to know which gender they shift more towards. I don't believe any bisexual can be straight dead in the middle, liking male and females equally. If it was to be a case, I'd never be with the bisexual in question, not with a risk of having her abandon me for breasts and a vagina at any moment.
    Also, personally I don't like the 'serious' bisexuals, I like the fun ones :p: the girls that like guys but don't mind having a fun experiment with another girl :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think Bi people probably prefer a certain gender, but ultimately they are attracted to both.

ReputationRep:
    personally, i believe bisexuals are just greedy.

ReputationRep:
    Of course people can be attracted to both genders. Attraction is based on more than simply being masculine or feminine isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not trying to hide the fact that I am a full blown lesbian. In fact I lean more towards men but do find women sexually attractive also.

If I had a choice between a gorgeous man and a gorgeous woman I would go out with the gorgeous man but I would be perfectly happy to go out with the woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    I'm not entirely sure on the notion of one being bisexual. I personally don't mind being with a girl who is bisexual (I don't think there are many guys that would mind :awesome:), but it's important to know which gender they shift more towards. I don't believe any bisexual can be straight dead in the middle, liking male and females equally. If it was to be a case, I'd never be with the bisexual in question, not with a risk of having her abandon me for breasts and a vagina at any moment.
    Also, personally I don't like the 'serious' bisexuals, I like the fun ones :p: the girls that like guys but don't mind having a fun experiment with another girl :yep:
    Being attracted to boys and girls equally wouldnt mean you can't just love and be with one person. I fancy black guys and white guys but I don't need one of each. Girls sometimes as well, but I definitely lean more towards straight.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is quite likely that it exists, scientists have found some genes that cause homosexuality and bisexuality in flies, so there could be similar genes in humans.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Oh snap!)
    Care to elaborate? Or were you taking the piss?

ReputationRep:
    Look I'm bi, of course it's possible. I appericate the female look as well as males, and it took time to admit this to myself. I haven't dated a girl yet (want to date some guys first), but not all girls say they're bi for attention. There's a ton of geniune ones at my college...

ReputationRep:
    Why the heck if you're a guy want another mans penis in you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    Being attracted to boys and girls equally wouldnt mean you can't just love and be with one person. I fancy black guys and white guys but I don't need one of each. Girls sometimes as well, but I definitely lean more towards straight.
    I think it's possible to like boys and girls equally, but I've never heard of that personally. And I think it would be possible to be with one person, like straight dating. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh snap!)
    Oh haha.

ReputationRep:
    I will admit that most of my objects of attraction have been female but I consider myself without a fixed sexuality, that's to say I'm open to anyone that floats my boat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    Yes people can be attracted to both genders.
    asking if society is "to blame" is loaded question because you are implying that bisexuality is a negative thing.
    Or he's implying that society looks upon homosexuality as a negative thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    I think it's possible to like boys and girls equally, but I've never heard of that personally. And I think it would be possible to be with one person, like straight dating. :p:
    Yeah most people seem to have a preference.

I definitely lean towards boys, I love my boyfriend and I think we will be together for a long time, but there is a tiny part of that regrets I never had a relationship with a girl before I met him. I've kissed and cuddled with a few girls but never anything sexual, and I've never even been like "seeing" one.

ReputationRep:
    im bi
    thinking about it i do prefer guys i suppose
    but i certainly find some girls attractive
    i feel its more about the actual person regardless of gender tbh

ReputationRep:
    Of course it exists :/

Are you trying to say thousands of bi-sexuals who are more than happy to date both sexes are all part of a big cover up?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.