Turn on thread page Beta

Is the way he treated her right? watch

A friend of mine met this guy almost a year ago and kept in touch via facebook for a while. At the end of may, we all went out one night together and after that they both realised they liked each other. They started seeing each other and things went well for a while. They lived in different cities and my friend went to stay at his new house for a few days. They didnt really do much other than spend time at home and on the second night, he invited his friends round then decided to go out and left her at home with his housemates that she didnt know. She told him she wasnt happy with what hed done and he couldnt see her point but then appologised.

When my friend moved closer to where he lived, they thought it would work out really well but he started to make plans and not stick to them. He'd leave her hanging all day waiting for him to text and say he was free and he'd often text minutes before they were supposed to meet and say he was meeting friends instead.

When they were together, id notice he seemed to think that she was there to do whatever he wanted her to do. He also seemed to talk a lot about girls he fancied and used to hint that he wanted her to dye her hair.

When she asked him about the way he was, he said he was a "lads lad" and that his friends would always come first. He told her he'd never change and that in his list of priorities she came about 6th, below food. He was pretty rude to her and really disrespectful when she was trying to talk to him about their relationship.

In the whole time they were going out, he treated her to dinner once and apart from that they didnt do anything. She also leant him quite a bit of money which he never even mentioned paying back.

He basically completely wrapped up in himself and thought he was some kind of king but i think she still sometimes doubts her decision in ending the relationship but i think it was the right thing to do because she deserves so much better.

Just wanted to see if anyone else would confirm my views that he was a complete idiot and not all guys are like that...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he clearly is not a very pleasant person.

Although these 'Lads lads" do exist, I can confirm that we are not all like that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hes a total ****.

ReputationRep:
    what a prick, tell her to get rid!!!

i hate boys who consider themselves to be 'Lads lads'. giving yourself a title doesnt mean you can act like a complete ******.

ReputationRep:
    I was stood up by a guy off the TSR for the second date, my ex only phoned me every two days for 5 mins for over half the relationship. But my new bf sent me a msg today, including:

<Edit: text me when you want me to call, either today or Sunday - I've got free calls all weekend and I'm hoping of making the most of it. Its the first ever deal I've managed to achive getting on Vodafone for spending £10 on calls/texts!
    We could talk for an hour if you want and won't cost either of us>

So no, not all boys are bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candyfloss.)

i hate boys who consider themselves to be 'Lads lads'. giving yourself a title doesnt mean you can act like a complete ******.
    Hi Five girl! I know, my ex said he wasn't no commitment and the TSR guy siad he was a 'bad boy'... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candyfloss.)

Spot on. They are the minority though, particularily within the student community as they tend to be uneducated sexist idiots.

ReputationRep:
    I'm what you might term a 'lad's lad' but I'd never dream of treating anyone, male or female in that way. Being a 'lad' is not an excuse for behaving like an immature prick.

ReputationRep:
    it makes me laugh really with all these guys who name themselves 'bad ladz'. they never specify what they are 'bad' at... spelling maybe? I just think its ridiculous to give yourself a nickname which clearly highlights the fact that you can't commit to a relationship, and if you can, you're still a chav. These sort of blokes need neutering.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, she is well rid of him.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hes an idiot... dump straight away

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.