Turn on thread page Beta

Two best friends slept with each other watch

(Original post by PygmyShrew)
    That's pretty awful they went totally against what you said, especially the girl lying about it. Do they know how upset you are?
    Yes. Male friend said I was being really selfish, had a massive argument about it. Said some things that I wish he hadn't have done :/

Female friend I haven't spoken to properly, only via texting, but she said that she only lied cos she knew I'd be angry, I said that wasn't good enough, and haven't heard from her since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes. Male friend said I was being really selfish, had a massive argument about it. Said some things that I wish he hadn't have done :/

Female friend I haven't spoken to properly, only via texting, but she said that she only lied cos she knew I'd be angry, I said that wasn't good enough, and haven't heard from her since.
    I don't think you were being unreasonable to say please don't get together unless you're really going to get together properly and make something of it. You just wanted to avoid awkwardness, and the wishes of a best friend should come before a one night stand. The worst bit is that they went behind your back and the girl lied about it. I wouldn't worry abotu being such a good friend to them in future.

The guy should realise how harsh he's been and apologise at least. The girl needs to really make it up to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They weren't actually getting with each other, but he bought her a drink, they were looking a bit close, at one point they were holding hands, it was at this point I went up to each of them individually and said "please don't get with the other one, I really don't want you to" and after that I kind of lost them for about an hour but assumed they had listened to me....too trusting obviously.
    I don't think forbidding them from doing it helped the tension tbh.

ReputationRep:
    i get why you're upset about it but from thier point of view, if you're only friends why should you care..?

ReputationRep:
    Now its time for revenge!

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why you are upset unless you actually fancy the girl.

ReputationRep:
    You know what they say about forbidden fruit being the most attractive.
    Probably that subconsciously made each of them more attractive to the other.
    Should you be angry...? I don't know. You didn't have any right to stop them but they should have taken your feelings into account.

ReputationRep:
    The libido is a powerful thing, cut them some slack.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be really angry if my two best friends slept with each other. Mainly because they're both male.

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one here who thinks you are being a bit selfish and your male friend is right?

What possible reason do you have to think they would make it awkward for you if they're your best friends. If they are good friends they will make sure they don't make it awkward for you if you are ever together as a three.

I think you have feelings for him (more than friends) and it's taken this to make you realise it. But you don't have any right to be pissed at either IMO; i don't think you even had the right to ask them not to get together - if my best friends (male and female) were both single, found each other attractive then sure, what would make me happier than seeing two friends of mine hook up with a person i know is great?

Doesn't anyone share my opinion? :dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.