Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying to UCL, LSE and Queen Mary to study law out of my 5 choices. I'm trying to juggle round open days and campus tours etc. so I can see at least 2 on one visit in September (since I live a fair train journey away from London). What would people suggest would be the best use of my time?

Also, I'm a bit worried about accommodation. I'm interested in the intercollegiate accommodation for LSE. I've also heard from a friend who went on an open day to UCL (I went to the Oxford one on that day so couldn't go then) that the accommodation his group was shown was 'grotty'. I don't mind basic but if there's any grime or filth I'll be miserable! Furthermore, I'd like to know if any are in particularly unsafe, busy, loud etc areas in which there is accommodation for these unis. Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    You really don't need to go on an open day. Just turn up and someone will usually show you round, you can still get in everywhere and you get a more realistic view of the university. Not seeing accommodation would probably be the only downside, but you can usually find pictures online. I really doubt he meant dirty, but some places are just concrete and not that attractive.

ReputationRep:
    if you let them know in advance, they can arrange so that someone can show you around, and give you a peek into some accommodation, etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.