Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

'True love' or kids? Watch

• View Poll Results: 'True love' or kids?
    Stay with bf
    57.58%
    Leave
    42.42%

ReputationRep:
    Just for fun! So hypothetically, waay into the future when you're wanting to settle down, you find your soulmate and want to spend the rest of your lives with each other, but you find out he doesn't want kids. Stay with him or leave for the option of having kids?

ReputationRep:
    Im sure i could take him round, i would stay with him though....

ReputationRep:
    Well that depends on how much you want kids.

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as a "soulmate" and "real love" doesn't exist.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    if i had actually found my soulmate and they was perfect and everything i wanted and they thought the same about me. Then i would stay.

Anyway, i could persuade them sooner or later :P

ReputationRep:
    True love ...because I'm not a massive fan of kids either.

ReputationRep:
    I'll go. He's not enough into commitment and I want marriage and kids in the future...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    There is no such thing as a "soulmate" and "real love" doesn't exist.

/thread
    bitter much?

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm2: i dont understand whats with girls and having kids :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Like someone else has said, depends on how much you want kids..and on his personality

Kids will always be there....but as much as you're currently "in love", will he? You take the risk of him leaving you when you're about 40-50 and at that stage you can't have any kids, you gave up something you really wanted for him and it turns out he wasn't worth it, and you're left with absolutely nothing

Just thought I'd give an optimistic view on the topic

ReputationRep:
    if he definitely wasn't ever going to change his mind then leave him and have children. the love you have for your children is the truest, more indiscriminate, never ending love that exists.
    Plus no matter how much you love a person there will always be someone else out there for you, I know a lot of people don't like to admit that and get quite offended by it but it's not like there's one person in the whole world who can make you happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    bitter much?

:rolleyes:
    Nah, I've got a new gf and I'm rich. I've got nothing to be bitter about atm. I still don't believe in crap such as soulmates etc. It's just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-lolarose-x)
    Like someone else has said, depends on how much you want kids..and on his personality

Kids will always be there....but as much as you're currently "in love", will he? You take the risk of him leaving you when you're about 40-50 and at that stage you can't have any kids, you gave up something you really wanted for him and it turns out he wasn't worth it, and you're left with absolutely nothing

Just thought I'd give an optimistic view on the topic
    Aww :console: Someone's been hurt badly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    Nah, I've got a new gf and I'm rich. I've got nothing to be bitter about atm. I still don't believe in crap such as soulmates etc. It's just my opinion.
    Well rich boy, you have fun with your girlfriend and dont let her steal too much of your money... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    there is no such thing as true love, peace, justice its all indeology

ReputationRep:
    lol ideology i made a mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99 Red Balloons)
    Just for fun! So hypothetically, waay into the future when you're wanting to settle down, you find your soulmate and want to spend the rest of your lives with each other, but you find out he doesn't want kids. Stay with him or leave for the option of having kids?
    I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with your thread, but I'm having that song played at my funeral :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    Aww :console: Someone's been hurt badly
    lmao! Nooo not personally but I've seen a hell of a lot of bad relationships/relationship endings in a number of generations, and just have a pessimistic outlook on relationships I guess :p: or realistic as I'd put it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Kids stick around more often than men do, so it is the second option for me.

Anyway, I'd probably end up resented him in the end. It is natural for a woman to want and have children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-lolarose-x)
    lmao! Nooo not personally but I've seen a hell of a lot of bad relationships/relationship endings in a number of generations, and just have a pessimistic outlook on relationships I guess :p: or realistic as I'd put it :p:
    lol i wdnt dare argue with u that alot and most of relationships end
    yet not all [if they do end] ends badly,

personally i have managed to stay close mates with most of my ex's

yet u should wish for the best, and prepair for the worest
    no need to be so pessimist. XD

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.