Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityOfMyHeart)
    Ohh, that looks like a good product - the price is a bit much for me, as I'd go through the bottle in no time at all! Do you dampen your hair in the morning? I know some people who wash their hair the night before, add some serum (or something) to it and tie it up tightly. Then in the morning, it's still damp and they add leave in cream.

I can't add anything to mine when it's dry. Once it's gone dry, its pretty much "deal with it" XD
    Yeah it is a bit expensive, the only reason I first got it was because it was 2 for 3 or something like that in Boots. It lasts a long time as you only need a few squirts but obv it would depend on how long and thick your hair is.

I've never tried dampening my hair but I guess it is a good idea. I always wash mine in the morning now instead of at night so I can style it and have it looking nice for the day. Like you I cant really do anything when its dry, I just tie it up if its looking a bit naff.

ReputationRep:
    - How do you reduce frizz and tame those curls?
    My curls aren't frizzy. I have to wet my hair through in the morning because the curls 'break' when I sleep.

- Which products do you use (if any)?
    Pantene stuff for curly hair... it's the best I've ever come across.

- What's your current hair style?
    Dyed light brown/dark blonde, heavy fringed, straightened.

- How long is your hair?
    Shoulder length.

- Would you prefer straight hair?
    Life would be easier if it was straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl001)
    Yeah it is a bit expensive, the only reason I first got it was because it was 2 for 3 or something like that in Boots. It lasts a long time as you only need a few squirts but obv it would depend on how long and thick your hair is.

I've never tried dampening my hair but I guess it is a good idea. I always wash mine in the morning now instead of at night so I can style it and have it looking nice for the day. Like you I cant really do anything when its dry, I just tie it up if its looking a bit naff.
    I can't tie it up nicely when it's naff though - ponytail doesn't suit and my hair's too long to be clipped or tied nicely. Damn I need a hair cut! There's so many issues with my hair - I wake up at 6 on a school day because I live far from school so have to leave before 7 =\ So washing it in the mornings means I'd have to wake at 5:30/5:45 :eek3: Jeebus.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's been a thread about this in a while so here goes

For those with curly hair, a few questions:
    hair mousse, friz ease serum, and Vitapointe leave in conditioner
    see above
    graduated bob
    - How long is your hair?
    about an inch from my hairline at the back, to just above my shoulder at the front
    no, i think my hair makes me stand out more

How do you do your hair in the mornings? Does it take long?
    put a bit of leavein conditioner in if its dry / frizzy, spray some water on bits which have been flattened in my sleep, just leave it and hope for the best!

I've got really curly hair and it annoys the **** out of me sometimes. There's no way I could straighten mine, it goes back to curly after a few hours - Plus I find it just looks weird on me.
    me too !
    x

ReputationRep:
    I'm not either, I don't like Frizz Ease either, doesnt work for me =\ Yep, although I do go through 300ml at a quiz rate because my hairs so long and retarded!

I feel your pain. Even though I don't have afro hair, it's ridiculously curly, pretty much like this:

How often do you get your hair cut?
    That does look pretty hard work!

I actually don't have my hair cut, because as it's so tightly curled up it always looks way shorter than it is, and it isn't noticeable when it grows so I don't really need to touch it - one posotive I suppose :p:
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    well the straightening balm makes it a little easier to straighten. takes me about 30mins. my hair is about shoulder length or just above.

ReputationRep:
    I used pantene comb in cream (from superdrug) And Charles Worthington frizz ease serum (it comes in a little bottle, it is a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way)

Pantene shampoo and conditioner, Pantene comb in cream (I use this while my hair is damp and dry; so its good for the mornings), Charles Worthington frizz ease serum (on dry hair, in the morning)

It is about 3 inches below my shoulders, I have layers but not short ones... long ones. And I also have a fringe which I straighten.

I usually clip a small part of hair up on my left had side of my head with a tiny hair clip or one of them bow hair grips. OR I have a have one of those thin (string like) hair band thingys (I got like 7 from primark for £1.50) .. and I push back my curls with it.. just leaving my fringe as it is. OR I have a half pony sometimes. I never really tie it all up because when I try to take out the hair scrunchy it is all tangled in my hair and hurts lol :o: (I only tie it up when I go in the shower and don't want to wash my hair, but that is usually me bundling all my hair on top of my head lol).

I use to hate my curls and always straighten my hair... I still sometimes straighten my hair for a different look. But I now love my curls more than straight hair. SO no I wouldn't prefer straight hair

In the morning I scrunch in a bit of comb in cream or anti frizz creams or serums.. I use quite a few different hair products (not all at the same time lol) .. I think it is just about finding what works well for you and your hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    That does look pretty hard work!

I actually don't have my hair cut, because as it's so tightly curled up it always looks way shorter than it is, and it isn't noticeable when it grows so I don't really need to touch it - one posotive I suppose :p:
    What about you?
    Oh it is hard work :o:
    The last time I got my hair cut was probably last summer!! Yeah, because she cut it so short so it took it agessss to grow to the length I wanted. Now it's past that! Good thing about curly hair is that it doesn't get split ends, and my ends aren't dry either which is good.

(Original post by eli2ab3th)
    I used pantene comb in cream (from superdrug) And Charles Worthington frizz ease serum (it comes in a little bottle, it is a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way)

Pantene shampoo and conditioner, Pantene comb in cream (I use this while my hair is damp and dry; so its good for the mornings), Charles Worthington frizz ease serum (on dry hair, in the morning)

It is about 3 inches below my shoulders, I have layers but not short ones... long ones. And I also have a fringe which I straighten.

I usually clip a small part of hair up on my left had side of my head with a tiny hair clip or one of them bow hair grips. OR I have a have one of those thin (string like) hair band thingys (I got like 7 from primark for £1.50) .. and I push back my curls with it.. just leaving my fringe as it is. OR I have a half pony sometimes. I never really tie it all up because when I try to take out the hair scrunchy it is all tangled in my hair and hurts lol :o: (I only tie it up when I go in the shower and don't want to wash my hair, but that is usually me bundling all my hair on top of my head lol).

I use to hate my curls and always straighten my hair... I still sometimes straighten my hair for a different look. But I now love my curls more than straight hair. SO no I wouldn't prefer straight hair

In the morning I scrunch in a bit of comb in cream or anti frizz creams or serums.. I use quite a few different hair products (not all at the same time lol) .. I think it is just about finding what works well for you and your hair.
    Ohhh I use pantene stuff aswell, they stopped making the stuff I rely on though, so I'm on the hunt for new products! Elvive smells so bufff ahhhhh my mum bought a bottle of hair cream stuff and I'm hoping that it's good! I'll probably try it out tomorrow or monday.

Yeah I have an anti-frizz serem, it's actually meant for afro hair but it does work... I think hmm I think I could go without though - it's just effort trying new things and then if it goes wrong, it takes ages to sort it out :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    it's just effort trying new things and then if it goes wrong, it takes ages to sort it out
    Yeah I know what you mean, I hate products that leave my hair feeling sticky, or clumped together.

I actually went into Boots the other day and tried a fructis garnier paste like putty lol .. thinking it would be awful.. but it didn't feel sticky so I ended up buying it and it was also 2 fructis garnier products for £6.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know what you mean, I hate products that leave my hair feeling sticky, or clumped together.

I actually went into Boots the other day and tried a fructis garnier paste like putty lol .. thinking it would be awful.. but it didn't feel sticky so I ended up buying it and it was also 2 fructis garnier products for £6.
    Is it any good? I was thinking of getting that one actually - I don't really like mousses, otherwise I'd have gone for the VO5 Curl Shaping one.

ReputationRep:
    Is it any good? I was thinking of getting that one actually - I don't really like mousses, otherwise I'd have gone for the VO5 Curl Shaping one.
    It is okay .. I don't feel my curls are as soft and bouncy with it.. but its okay lol
    I only bought it because of the offer on them in Boots

I do love my Pantene leave in conditioner .. I can't seem to find it in boots anymore.

I prefer leave in creams and such rather than liquid sprays .. most of the spray leave in conditioners are for use on damp hair. And I like to use cream leave in conditioners in the morning after I have slept ruff on my hair lol

ReputationRep:
    It is okay .. I don't feel my curls are as soft and bouncy with it.. but its okay lol
    I only bought it because of the offer on them in Boots

I do love my Pantene leave in conditioner .. I can't seem to find it in boots anymore.

I prefer leave in creams and such rather than liquid sprays .. most of the spray leave in conditioners are for use on damp hair. And I like to use cream leave in conditioners in the morning after I have slept ruff on my hair lol
    I use pantene smooth and sleek comb-in/leave in cream, what do you use? I have one bottle left and them I'm ****ed! Yeah, I feel like I'm wasting product if I use sprays and mousses make my hair go kinda weird - wet and slippery and weird =\

If I find anything that works (and smells buff), I'll let you know

ReputationRep:
    I use pantene smooth and sleek comb-in/leave in cream, what do you use? I have one bottle left and them I'm ****ed! Yeah, I feel like I'm wasting product if I use sprays and mousses make my hair go kinda weird - wet and slippery and weird =\

If I find anything that works (and smells buff), I'll let you know
    Thats what I use!!! I can still find it on the Pantene website... but no where else.. I also have one bottle left lol.. and then I haven't a clue what to do :o:
    I am still searching for it.

A year or so ago I found it in poundland.. and I got a couple bottles.. I so wish I had bought more. And the next time I went into poundland they were all gone and I haven't seen them since. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I use!!! I can still find it on the Pantene website... but no where else.. I also have one bottle left lol.. and then I haven't a clue what to do :o:
    I am still searching for it.

A year or so ago I found it in poundland.. and I got a couple bottles.. I so wish I had bought more. And the next time I went into poundland they were all gone and I haven't seen them since. :eek3:
    ohmygoodness, hi five! :woo:
    Same, I really wish I bought loads more of it because IT WORKS. It's like a miracle cream or something - nothing else has been the same. The only thing I don't like about it anymore, is the smell. I'm too used to it! I dribble whenever I smell elvive stuff - smells so damn good, which is why I hope to find a product from there.

Fingers crossed ey.

ReputationRep:
    ohmygoodness, hi five! :woo:
    Same, I really wish I bought loads more of it because IT WORKS. It's like a miracle cream or something - nothing else has been the same. The only thing I don't like about it anymore, is the smell. I'm too used to it! I dribble whenever I smell elvive stuff - smells so damn good, which is why I hope to find a product from there.

Fingers crossed ey.
    I know what you mean about the smell :p: Been using it far too long.
    I am going to have to look for other products.. although I will still be on the look out for my pantene miracle :p:

Good luck in your search :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueLips)
    Btw, am I the only one whose hair seems to get curlier all the time? I mean like when I was a kid my hair was only a little bit wavy. Then it started to get more and more wavy and now when I'm 19 it's actually curly.
    Weird
    You are not alone!
    Actually, I'm more relieved to find out that I'm not the only one...
    My hair was actually straight when I was younger, then it got wavey, and now it's curly.
    Insane...

And, er, to address the thread...
    I use a John Freda conditioner when I wash (use normal shampoo, Head and Shoulders, usually), go to bed, and when I wake up, my hair is pretty good. I can then brush it, dampen it, then use a moose (I use a V05 one)- but that's not really even necessecary.

Oh, and a good haircut is extremely important- more important than any number of products.
    I have choppy layers from around my jaw downwards- helps to stop the bushy triangle effect.

And I wouldn't want straight hair. Curly hair, I've found, is more versitile- it can be straightened more effectively than straight hair can be curled and, I dunno, just looks prettier when well-maintained?

ReputationRep:
    I have a crazy mix of curls. My grandfather is black but my father's side are English so I have a really weird mix of hair that doesn't know if it wants to be an afro or loose curls. But it knows that it wants to be frizzy.

For years I didn't. I went to an afro-carribean hair dressers where they relaxed it and chemically straightened my hair. 2/3 years on its damaged beyond belief and is no longer long but a frizzy mess at my shoulders.
    Now it is on the end of a desparate perm in a bid to remove the frizz and leave me with what I hoped would be beautiful curls. So now it dawned on me to grow out the damaged mess and try to work with what I have using oils and mousse.

I only wash my hair once or twice a week, because if I do it any more than that it becomes very dry. I warm some oils if I have the time and have a hair mask. Day to day I spirtz my hair with water, then use mousse or if I'm lucky that Paul Mitchell styling gel. Smells like apple in a white bottle.

Short, with roots growing through =( But its looking and feeling better now I'm not having it permed or straightened.

- How long is your hair?
    Nearly at my shoulders when wet. When dry it shrinks to about 1/2 inches above my shoulders.

Yes please.

ReputationRep:
    To sleep in, I usually just put it in a loose pony tail or bun and just scrunch it with a bit of serum in the morning.

I used to use Sunsilk waves and curls serum but I'm pretty sure it has been discontinued now. I prefer more heavier serums anyway; it seems to control the frizz more. Mousse works okay too, I guess, but I haven't tried many. But I prefer a wee bit of frizz; I kind of like my hair to look a little bit messy but that's just me.

I've recently began to use the Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner for curly hair; it's in a purplish pinkish bottle. Conditioner is really important, if I don't use it, my hair goes nuts XD

My current hairstyle is kind of... Layered, shortest at my jaw, longest at my arm-pit or thereabouts. The shorter layers give it a bit of volume and look really good; the only problem is, the longer layers loose the curl a bit, but it looks okay I suppose. It's really thick, too (I suppose the layers don't help, hehe).

I'd hate to have straight hair; it's so boring. Curly all the way!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyBracknell)
    I have a crazy mix of curls. My grandfather is black but my father's side are English so I have a really weird mix of hair that doesn't know if it wants to be an afro or loose curls. But it knows that it wants to be frizzy.
    I love afro hair :o:

Now it is on the end of a desparate perm in a bid to remove the frizz and leave me with what I hoped would be beautiful curls. So now it dawned on me to grow out the damaged mess and try to work with what I have using oils and mousse.
    Growing it out would probably help - I use a serem from an afro-caribbean shop called Frizz Buster! Hahaa it works to an extent but because my hair's not afro, it makes it greasy should I put just a teeeeeny bit too much on.

(Original post by Bacon_Buttie)
    I used to use Sunsilk waves and curls serum but I'm pretty sure it has been discontinued now. I prefer more heavier serums anyway; it seems to control the frizz more. Mousse works okay too, I guess, but I haven't tried many. But I prefer a wee bit of frizz; I kind of like my hair to look a little bit messy but that's just me.
    My hair doesn't understand "wee" - it's either frizzyor EXTRA frizzy at the top.

My current hairstyle is kind of... Layered, shortest at my jaw, longest at my arm-pit or thereabouts. The shorter layers give it a bit of volume and look really good; the only problem is, the longer layers loose the curl a bit, but it looks okay I suppose. It's really thick, too (I suppose the layers don't help, hehe).
    Ah see longer layers on my hair make it more curly - weird I know! I used to use Sunsilk aswell, they've stopped the thing I used to use!

ReputationRep:
    I don't use anything that is intended for taming frizz really!
    Mousse and hairspray
    Quite plain, shortish, layered with a fringe
    - How long is your hair?
    Bottom of my neck, growing it out though
    No! My hair isn't overly curly, more like very wavy, and it's quite easy to manage and dry in the morning since I usually just scrunch it. Also my cousin has naturally very straight hair and it gets greasy very easily in comparison to my hair.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.