Turn on thread page Beta

on my CBT what bike to get watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey

i have talked to a man in z bike shop and he says that the busa is too much and i should get a 125 at first and do a cbt.

how fast can 125 go? and whats 0-60 please? which one to get...

thanks

ReputationRep:
    ooo a 125cc you might get to 65... 70 if your incredibly light and wind behind you.
    Talya on here loves her YBR

Do your cbt, get your a1 licence get a 125, a 250 or maybe a 400cc. i got a 400 that the acceleration 0-60 speed is 3.95 apparently, never timed it.

There are loads of 125's talk to the guy at the shop and see what they teach you on.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks

would you reccomend getting a bigger bike (r1/hayabusa etc) and restricting it?

I was thinking beter sound, handling, and looks

ReputationRep:
    iv got a honda cbr 125 and its brilliant, its very quick to 50 and its a 4 stroke so more reliable than the 2 stroke aprilla rs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayabusa999)
    ok thanks

An R1/Busa is all about top end power. The rest of the bike is built around that power.

If you take it away and restrict it to 33bhp then the bike feels really sluggish and poorly handling.

If you wish to restrict a bike, it's better to restrict one that has a nice torquey engine that doesn't rely on top end power. Something with a V-twin like an SV650.

That way you still have the big acceleration from the torque.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayabusa999)
    ok thanks

NO!!!
    you do not restrict anything that big it will kill the bike!!! it is a crime in itself to do that

Restrict up to a 600 and even then it will affect your handling and speed.
    My bandit managed being restricted just about, and you can restrict sv650's and bandits 600/650 as they are low bhp (70 ish)

on my bandit i was beating bigger bikes off the line so on somebikes you won't notice the difference, on a big bike you may find it wont work at all.

ReputationRep:
    Dont suppose instead of making new threads you can just ask all questions on this one and i'll try and answer them

As a bloke your insurance will be silly on anything, but your best bet is a smaller bike TPFT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    Dont suppose instead of making new threads you can just ask all questions on this one and i'll try and answer them

As a bloke your insurance will be silly on anything, but your best bet is a smaller bike TPFT.
    Dunno how old he is tbh. I'm 24 n insurance on the CB500 is only £200

ReputationRep:
    grrr lol get the yamaha tzr 125r. i got 70 no prob on a very windy night and wasnt trying becasue there were alot of cars infront. my stepdad got 90 outta it and said he could of kept gaining more speed but had to start to slow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazzyG)
    Dunno how old he is tbh. I'm 24 n insurance on the CB500 is only £200
    ]
    how long have you been riding
    and i assume your not on a newer high bhp one?

Sorry this is from personal experiance and trying to insure my OH on an fz6 2008 ..
    He said in his first thread he was 21

ReputationRep:
    This guy is a troll, stop feeding his habit.

While we're waving our magical insurance penis' around I was £250 full comp for an '03 ZRX-1200R and I'm 23.I also have 5 years no claims though : shifty :

ReputationRep:
    A fast 125 like a tzr, rs or gpr will hit 100 - others will do 80-90 - I got 100ish on my rs125 derestricted, but that was screaming so much.

ReputationRep:
    ]
    how long have you been riding
    and i assume your not on a newer high bhp one?

Sorry this is from personal experiance and trying to insure my OH on an fz6 2008 ..
    He said in his first thread he was 21
    Only this year, but been driving for several years.

And yeah, it's an old bike, 50hp jobbie.

I imagine they take a bit of everything into account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazzyG)
    Only this year, but been driving for several years.

And yeah, it's an old bike, 50hp jobbie.

I imagine they take a bit of everything into account.
    With insurance driving does help, as does storage, what you use it for, age, bhp, cc, and being a male... i'm glad im female

ReputationRep:
    With insurance driving does help, as does storage, what you use it for, age, bhp, cc, and being a male... i'm glad im female
    Absolutely.

ZX10R? Driveway? Big fluorescent yellow arrow saying 'Steal Me'?

*Rubs hands with glee whilst writing 0's*

Wait, what? You're female. *sighs* Certainly madam, that'll be two turnips and a shiny sixpence...

ReputationRep:
    it also works as a gf ringing up to organise insurance, they seem to give you discounts... i just had to put upwith being call Mrs... but all the paperwork says he's single and it worked out cheaper..

ReputationRep:
    it also works as a gf ringing up to organise insurance, they seem to give you discounts... i just had to put upwith being call Mrs... but all the paperwork says he's single and it worked out cheaper..
    Well played. :top2:

ReputationRep:
    just means i get to do the same time year.....:rolleyes:
    Apparently he wants his nearer my £250 than what hes been given - £900

ReputationRep:
    just means i get to do the same time year.....:rolleyes:
    Apparently he wants his nearer my £250 than what hes been given - £900
    £900? Holy moses! What's his driving history like? Grand Theft Auto? :O

Or does he just have the same surname as someone the head of the insurance company hates? ><

ReputationRep:
    sp50 in a car, 2008 bike, thats 100+bhp and 600cc... and hes 21 and male... oh and a woman reversed into him.. hes had the bike a year now, previous 250cc was owned for 2, so its a big jump up. Last time his insurance quote was 2200 and we got it reduced to £1000 so hopefully i can do the same again

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.