Turn on thread page Beta

Good places for a holiday in the north of England e.g. Blackpool watch

We're trying to book a holiday somewhere in the north of England to go on holiday for a few days (somewhere like Blackpool). However, most places in Blackpool seem fully booked and we don't know where else we could go for a fun few days

Any suggestions? Anywhere suitable for three teenagers would be ideal

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle? What do you want to do? Party? Drink? Culture? Countryside?

ReputationRep:
    Skeg Vegas???

(Original post by Rian1988)
    Newcastle? What do you want to do? Party? Drink? Culture? Countryside?
    Wellll our mum's coming too lol so it's not a party holiday or anything, just somewhere with culture, maybe with a theme park nearby, zoos, entertainment, that sort of stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Wellll our mum's coming too lol so it's not a party holiday or anything, just somewhere with culture, maybe with a theme park nearby, zoos, entertainment, that sort of stuff
    Blackpool? haha no
    try Whitby, thats on the east coast, love it there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    I would probably say the bigger cities like Newcastle, Manchester but that's what I would like. There will be lots of stuff to do at either these places.

ReputationRep:
    The Lake District?

ReputationRep:
    I would probably say the bigger cities like Newcastle, Manchester but that's what I would like. There will be lots of stuff to do at either these places.
    Not being funny but where's the zoo or theme park near either of them?!:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4_sophia)
    Not being funny but where's the zoo or theme park near either of them?!:yes:
    The Zoo? Not seen Newcastle on a Friday night :tongue:

Was just meaning they have other attractions etc

ReputationRep:
    definitley not Blackpool, it's a dump.
    Try the Lake District, not alot to do but it's got lovely scenery. Or Chester, that has a zoo and lovely history. (:

ReputationRep:
    The Zoo? Not seen Newcastle on a Friday night :tongue:

Was just meaning they have other attractions etc
    Lol, no I've still not experienced that yet... Heard it's meant to be a good night out in Newcastle though, and dirt cheap!

ReputationRep:
    Chester's a good shout. A bus ride away from Liverpool and North Wales too.

Thanks for your replies. The Lake District and Chester sound very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking for nice scenery, history etc. I'd agree with mikeytk.

If you're looking for more of a cheap and cheerful holiday, which by the sound of it you are if you were looking at Blackpool in the first place, then look at somewhere like Scarborough... Then you've got Flamingo Land nearby (Malton) which has got a zoo and theme park and you've got countryside around you if you want to do walks, there are castles, a mini railway, lifeboat RNLI place, nightclubs, theatres, boat trips, can't think of anything else but I'm sure there's more!

(Original post by 4_sophia)
    If you're looking for nice scenery, history etc. I'd agree with mikeytk.

If you're looking for more of a cheap and cheerful holiday, which by the sound of it you are if you were looking at Blackpool in the first place, then look at somewhere like Scarborough... Then you've got Flamingo Land nearby (Malton) which has got a zoo and theme park and you've got countryside around you if you want to do walks, there are castles, a mini railway, lifeboat RNLI place, nightclubs, theatres, boat trips, can't think of anything else but I'm sure there's more!
    Thanks!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.