Turn on thread page Beta

Need Urgent Help- Student Finance watch

ReputationRep:
    I need to know how someone can recieve a grant, loan and tuition fee loan when they have no parent to support their application. Beacause my friend has already applied and at the time his dad was willing to support his application he has since fallen out with his parent and now has no one to support his application. He has already completed his half but now what can he do? Will he get the money in time for uni (october)?
    He asked for my help I had no idea so I posted on here. He says he will call student finance once he has an idea of what to do.
    Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    i think the best thing you can do is to contact them on this number 0845 300 50 90 and explain your situation and they'll tell you what you can do
    good luck with that

ReputationRep:
    Where is he living? I think maybe if he's estranged from both parents and living off his own income, then he counts as independent and I'm presuming would submit his own wage details and stuff? Otherwise if he's staying with grandparents/family members maybe they'd count. Either way he'd need to get in touch with student finance people because it's quite a specific situation..

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.