The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

maaaaaarriage :smile: yay, definitely
Reply 41
no..i prefer cohabitation..its not as messy to split up if it goes wrong....
Reply 42
"yes"
Reply 43
No
marriage is a big fat trap.
Reply 44
only when you're over 25....before that it will probably screw up your life (im talking from a guy's point of view)
Reply 45
I think as long as the two people love each other [regardless of gender or orientation], that's all that should matter - regardless of whether they have a ceremony to make it official or not
GazzyG
I believe in marriage.

But it requires both parties to work at it.

And to work at it through the hard times and the good.

Every marriage starts off with good intentions, feeling that it's going to last forever. It's after the years start to pass and you go through bad times that the marriage is tested. If one person crumbles, then the whole thing falls apart.

To cut it short - yes, I believe in marriage as an institution. I just, sometimes, don't believe in people anymore.

^ I love this answer.

Ya, I do. Putting aside symbolism and subjective importance, I think marriage is a positive institution practically for our society. Studies show that controlling all other factors, kids from stable 2-parent homes are more well-adjusted and happier in general.
GazzyG
I believe in marriage.

But it requires both parties to work at it.

And to work at it through the hard times and the good.

Every marriage starts off with good intentions, feeling that it's going to last forever. It's after the years start to pass and you go through bad times that the marriage is tested. If one person crumbles, then the whole thing falls apart.

To cut it short - yes, I believe in marriage as an institution. I just, sometimes, don't believe in people anymore.

Agree with this - great post.

Latest

Trending

Trending