Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im excited to go to uni and at the moment my social life isn't great - Im looking forward to studying law and hopefuly gain new friends!

ReputationRep:
    yes, your social life will improve

ReputationRep:
    You can guarantee it, unless you sit in your room all day and don't try to talk to new people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lh01482)
    You can guarantee it, unless you sit in your room all day and don't try to talk to new people.
    Damnit.

I thought we'd all sit in a circle and have a LAN party playing WoW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnie3526)
    Im excited to go to uni and at the moment my social life isn't great - Im looking forward to studying law and hopefuly gain new friends!
    Yes it will, if you are willing to put the effort into a social life. If you would just sit in your room all day and hope a social life comes to you however, probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamer99)
    Damnit.

thats the only reason i wanna go uni. Im gnna make a club.

ReputationRep:
    Damnit.

That sounds pretty damn awesome to me lol

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    If you make at effort at it then yes, but not if you expect it just to happen. But that is obvious.

ReputationRep:
    Damnit.

Still technically counts as a social life as you'd more than likely be yelling at these people to apply MORE DoTs!

ReputationRep:
    Damnit.

Oh god I hope we do end up being roomies... that's just an ideal evening plan...
    BUT yes... social life is pretty bad right now, Uni sounds amazing, I just hope its not just empty promises..

But side note: did you end up with a few friends for life or lots of vague friends... or both...?

Well it did for me!

ReputationRep:
    Whether it improves your social life or not, you will probably find that the friends you make at uni will be your friends for life.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely.

However it cost me my friends at home, who decided not to bother with me anymore after I went to Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully so, you're in close confiment with loadsa people of similar age and interests so reckon should be awesome social life.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you put yourself out there.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it should unless you are unaware that your a hermit!!!

ReputationRep:
    As, as long as you introduce yourself to people on day 1 before they form packs and actively attend student nights/bars

ReputationRep:
    No, but making an effort will. You do get more opportunities to meet new people at Uni, so take them.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, don't bank on it.

My social life hardly exists at uni. It was better when I was in college :yep:

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.