Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My name is Tim, im currently looking at doing Accounting and Financial Studies at UClan from next year (sept 10)

I am currently in y12 going into y13 this sept at 6th form.

how strict are the 220 entry reuquirements to get onto the course? or can anyone offer me any guidence and help for this course which will give me a little boost on being offered a place onto the course? (im not doing a diferred year)

ReputationRep:
    Hey tim, im currently doing this course, just going into my last year, its aint great fun, but hopefully will pay off.
    They wernt that strict with me, as i didnt have any full a levels, just as levels and two NVQ's in accounting, but i think i wasnt far off the 220 points,

ReputationRep:
    220 shouldn't be hard to get, if you did 4 a levels and then dropped 1 this year, its usually CDD (i'll explain that further if you want), and even if you miss it by a few points, if you go on events like flying start, (resedential events run during the summer) they can take a few points off your offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldalton0)
    Hey tim, im currently doing this course, just going into my last year, its aint great fun, but hopefully will pay off.
    They wernt that strict with me, as i didnt have any full a levels, just as levels and two NVQ's in accounting, but i think i wasnt far off the 220 points,
    Ahh ok, and ive read alot about there being exceptions to accounting qualifications etc when you do the Financial Studies degree, to what extent are you exempt from accounting exams after the degree and such?

would you say it is worth it so to speak?

Thanks,

Tim

ReputationRep:
    im looking to do accounting and finance at lancashire also

ReputationRep:

Hi would you be able to tell me what days you do at uni and roughly how many hours?
    thanks x

ReputationRep:
    i do 6 hours of lectures and 6 hours of seminars a week. and this year im in mon to thur, but you have a little bit of flexibility on choosing when you want your seminar, but this all depends on the moduels you choose (sub subjects)

ReputationRep:
    i do 6 hours of lectures and 6 hours of seminars a week. and this year im in mon to thur, but you have a little bit of flexibility on choosing when you want your seminar, but this all depends on the moduels you choose (sub subjects)
    thats great thanks. are you enjoying it? Im rele worried about gettin in i have 70 ucas points but am doind 2 fast track A-levels at the moment so hopefully should be ok.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.