Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    this is like my third thread on the subject of my hair lately so i apologise but i could really do with some advice.

basically, i recently went from a mousy brown sort of colour to a yellowy blonde using schwarzkopf xxl live in platinum blonde. i wanted my hair to be almost white blonde at first, but i'm starting to think this isn't very realistic seeing as i'm doing it at home. anyway, this is what i did look like and what i look like now..

(taken pics out now!)

i've just bought some l'oreal recital preference in the lightest ash blonde shade as that's been recommended to me both on here and from other people. would i be okay to dye over my hair as it is now, and would it provide a lighter but less yellowy result?

i was thinking of using the schwarzkopf stuff again and that's still an option but i basically just want to do anything that will work!

any other opinions/advice welcome, even if it is 'WHY did you do that' thankyouu.

ReputationRep:
    If it's a lighter shade then it will probably bleach it in some way, so yeah I assume it would work? I've never dyed my hair, but that's my guess! :p:

ReputationRep:
    my friend has used the XXL blonde (she's a brunette) and it's gone to an almost platinum colour, (she puts bright colours on top of it). She keeps the colour on for a LOT longer than suggested on the box, but it can be accomplished.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.