Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keeno89)
    JUst wait til you see how many Irish people come here :p:
    ha ha ha

ReputationRep:
    Haha I have a friend at Dundee who said half the people she met on her first day were from the Belfast area! Dundee is meant to be the worst for Irish takeovers :p:

Is it true that they try to house Irish with Irish, Scottish with Scottish?? Because one of my secret reasons for going to Scotland is that I reaaally love the accent! (especially on girls )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    Haha I have a friend at Dundee who said half the people she met on her first day were from the Belfast area! Dundee is meant to be the worst for Irish takeovers :p:

Is it true that they try to house Irish with Irish, Scottish with Scottish?? Because one of my secret reasons for going to Scotland is that I reaaally love the accent! (especially on girls )
    They wouldn't try to pair nationalities deliberately. However since most Scottish students have unconditionals and get accommodation sorted earlier yes it's likelier you won't end up with too many Scottish people :p:

On my course 1/4 of the people must be from N/Republic of Ireland. It's mental!!!

Lol it often works that way. Scottish people love the Irish accent and Irish people love the Scottish accent! I have been to Belfast a couple of times for MCBMUN (at Methody if you've never heard of it) and that's the impression I got :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)

There's lots of Irish in Dundee! :P Two of my best pals are

*puts on fake accent la dee da!*

ReputationRep:
    They wouldn't try to pair nationalities deliberately. However since most Scottish students have unconditionals and get accommodation sorted earlier yes it's likelier you won't end up with too many Scottish people :p:

On my course 1/4 of the people must be from N/Republic of Ireland. It's mental!!!

Lol it often works that way. Scottish people love the Irish accent and Irish people love the Scottish accent! I have been to Belfast a couple of times for MCBMUN (at Methody if you've never heard of it) and that's the impression I got :p:
    Aaah the bit in bold sucks! I don't wanna go to Scotland to live with a bunch of Irish people!

Am I the only one to notice the unspoken alliance between Scottish and Irish people? Call it Braveheart Syndrome but it has gotta be something to do with the English!

And yeah, Methody is quite near me. It's the school for Belfasts millionaire kids (not exclusively though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    Aaah the bit in bold sucks! I don't wanna go to Scotland to live with a bunch of Irish people!

Am I the only one to notice the unspoken alliance between Scottish and Irish people? Call it Braveheart Syndrome but it has gotta be something to do with the English!

And yeah, Methody is quite near me. It's the school for Belfasts millionaire kids (not exclusively though).
    Maybe being Celtic I suppose? Unites us and the Welsh against the English.

Hmm I thought it was a grammar school so as long as you were clever you were in :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yass i lovee the irish lmao!! From Livingston near edinburgh!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiledotcom)
    Yass i lovee the irish lmao!! From Livingston near edinburgh!!
    Snap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    Didn't realise just how many English people were heading to the Deen!
    I decided Durham wasn't quite far enough north, it seems. I also didn't realise just how big scotland is, It always looks so small on the bbc weather map!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itchynscratchy)
    I decided Durham wasn't quite far enough north, it seems. I also didn't realise just how big scotland is, It always looks so small on the bbc weather map!
    LOL! :P
    I like how a lot of us just want to move out :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schrei)
    Snap!
    Snap you love the irish or snap you live in livingston lol?:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiledotcom)
    Snap you love the irish or snap you live in livingston lol?:p:
    Both in her case XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    Both in her case XD
    She tells no lies.

ReputationRep:
    She tells no lies.
    Why did I get an image of Pokemon when I read that...? XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    Why did I get an image of Pokemon when I read that...? XD
    Because you're craaaaaaaaaaazy.

ReputationRep:
    Because you're craaaaaaaaaaazy.
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Poland, Warsaw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasia.nieduzak)
    Poland, Warsaw
    **** me fair trek from there. I got into Aberdeen for 2010 which is quite good. Kind of wish I just applied for this year now. Looking forward to going away in September/December though which will be fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilko1991)
    **** me fair trek from there. I got into Aberdeen for 2010 which is quite good. Kind of wish I just applied for this year now. Looking forward to going away in September/December though which will be fun.
    Can you apply for 2010 already!? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillieF)
    Can you apply for 2010 already!? :eek:
    It's called deferred entry Lillie

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.