Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Urban Outfitters Returns? :/ watch

ReputationRep:
    I bought a top from Urban Outfitters more or less a week ago and when I came to wear it I noticed a really small hole in it by the armpit.

I know I couldn't have done it as I had only just got it out of the bag.

However, I had cut all the tags off the top so am I able to make an exchange in the shop or will they just say it's my own fault? :/

ReputationRep:
    I highly dob hey'll let you, Urban Outfitters can be a bit fussy with any returns. And they're over-priced as hell.

ReputationRep:
    It's always worth a shot trying to take it back, it is faulty after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-lolarose-x)
    I highly dob hey'll let you, Urban Outfitters can be a bit fussy with any returns. And they're over-priced as hell.
    haha I know they are, I never shop there but the tshirt I had my eye on for nearly a year was in the sale and I couldn't resist!

ReputationRep:
    They should allow a return if you have the receipt. Tell them the truth though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattt)
    haha I know they are, I never shop there but the tshirt I had my eye on for nearly a year was in the sale and I couldn't resist!
    Some of the jewellery is absolutely gorgeous though :lol: I wouldn't trust myself in there with £100 :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Some of the jewellery is absolutely gorgeous though :lol: I wouldn't trust myself in there with £100 :lol:
    yeah I love the necklaces!

ReputationRep:
    :yes: Wanted this for ages! But nearly £30 including delivery...

ReputationRep:
    It's not just a return, it's due to it being faulty. They should refund you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost certain that UO have a legal obligation to refund you, with or without receipt.
    If they argue with you, mention the Sale of Goods Act.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sale_of...consumer_cases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieg33)
    try ebaying it?
    I really want the 'I Love You' envelope necklace that was in the sale but it's sold out now.
    they've also got a new one which is a message in a bottle - that's really cute!

ReputationRep:
    i love that! i think watch necklaces are so handy and cute

and they should give you a return although UO are fussy about that stuff. but you should always try. if not flog it on ebay.

ReputationRep:
    I know! And I agree with catt, they have loads of gorgeous, kooky and vintage looking stuff. Argh, I'm going to walk away from this thread now as it's jut making me sad that I'm not rich:sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattt)
    try ebaying it?
    I really want the 'I Love You' envelope necklace that was in the sale but it's sold out now.
    Yeah the message in a bottle one is adorable Oo I shall check eBay out actually, hadn't thought of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW92)
    I'm almost certain that UO have a legal obligation to refund you, with or without receipt.
    If they argue with you, mention the Sale of Goods Act.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sale_of...consumer_cases
    oo thankyou.
    I'll attempt to but I'll probably chicken out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattt)
    try ebaying it?
    Taking your own advice - is this the envelope one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattt)
    try ebaying it?
    My friend has the I love you envelope! It's so cute haha, I'm still plotting to steal it

ReputationRep:
    Taking your own advice - is this the envelope one?
    that's the newer version which they've replaced the one I want,
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Mini-Shiny...d=p3286.c0.m14 is the one I want.

I'll definitley be buying it, once I money to spend on things I don't REALLY need lol.

ReputationRep:
    My friend has the I love you envelope! It's so cute haha, I'm still plotting to steal it

http://rocknretro.bigcartel.com/prod...-necklace-mini

Plus 40% off everything when you type in the code AWESOME at the checkout

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattt)
    oo thankyou.
    I'll attempt to but I'll probably chicken out.
    I've taken faulty/torn stuff back to H&M and TK Maxx before (without a receipt), no questions were asked and I was fully refunded. If the person you go to refuses to give you a refund or at least some sort of store credit/replacement, just go to someone else on another till or go again on a different day.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.