Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'm struggling to find a source of information about which US universities offer a Masters in Economics (instead of the PhD which most have). Any useful websites for studying this subject abroad?

Or maybe someone's even looked into this already?

ReputationRep:
    Cannot comment on it really however contact the university directly via email.

Contact the postgrad admissions officer and possibly specific course tutors for the course in question. Include a C.V (or general otline of your grades in your cover letter) and a cover letter to let them know you a serious and it will give the enquiry more "wieght" and hence they are more likely to respond quickly.

Honestly this will end speculation via TSR!

Bear in mind the cost of an Msc especially when going abroad.

ReputationRep:
    Public universities are your best bet. Most private universities don't offer terminal MA programs.

As epoch said, keep in mind the cost. Unlike PhD programs, most MA programs are not funded.

I would NOT contact a university about such a basic question. A quick glimpse at the website will tell you which degrees are offered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobindra)
    Hey everyone,

I'm struggling to find a source of information about which US universities offer a Masters in Economics (instead of the PhD which most have). Any useful websites for studying this subject abroad?

Or maybe someone's even looked into this already?
    As I understand it unlike in the UK Master in Economics in the US don't lead onto PhDs. So situation is different from UK.

ReputationRep:
    I looked at a lot of university websites, and so far, I have found only the following universities that even offer MA programs in economics:

-University of Michigan (as a MAE)
    -NYU (only as part of the MBA program)
    -Georgetown (only in connection with foreign service MS degree and public policy MPP degree)
    -USC
    -Johns Hopkins (only in connection with the economics PhD program)

There are probably others. Just check university websites.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.