Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Utterly frustrated and pissed off with life. Watch

Im just getting to the point now where life has handed me so much crap that i dont think i can deal with much more of it.

Why does this keep happening to me? Then the people who have been bloody horrible to me seem to get away with everything without problem?

Its just frustrating. How do I get rid of this frustration? How do i deal with it? Until ive got rid of the frustration im not going to be able to deal with the problems that have been handed me.

Help!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im just getting to the point now where life has handed me so much crap that i dont think i can deal with much more of it.

Why does this keep happening to me? Then the people who have been bloody horrible to me seem to get away with everything without problem?

Its just frustrating. How do I get rid of this frustration? How do i deal with it? Until ive got rid of the frustration im not going to be able to deal with the problems that have been handed me.

Help!!!
    What has happened?

ReputationRep:
    I can guarantee that most people feel this way at some point. I've had a crap past 6 months+ as well so I can empathise with you. I've quickly learned that most people only care about themselves really, never taking you seriously or taking into account your feelings, even though I'm kind of the opposite and do think of others. The secret is to just being happy with yourself, i.e. not needing a girlfriend to make you happy but instead just being content on your own. Life has many ups and downs so don't feel like it's only happening to you, it happens to lots of others as well, even though some people can treat others like crap and escape scoff free. Sometimes if you talk to someone then you feel a lot better.

Well, a few people in my family have been ill, they're ok now which Im very grateful for. Very grateful. But the last 6 months has taken it out of me- ive had to juggle my mums cancer scare, with the fact that we thought we were losing the businesses plus the pressure of medical school. And my work suffered badly. So in April i thought i would be a bit selfish and concentrate on my work. Ive worked from April to July tirelessly on this work in hope of passing the exams. i got in there this week and the questions on the paper were ridiculous......the people who i thought were there for me werent. I found out my "best friend" doesnt actually give a toss.

I just thought that after all that, now things are calming down...the businesses are ok and my mum is ok, that it would be good to pass this exam. And now i feel as though trying to get through all that, and not allow one thing or another in my life to completely disintegrate was worth nothing...because im going to fail anyway. I told this to someone i know, and she said "oh well im fairly confident ive passed, i found them ok..well actually i found them rather easy"

I just feel bad because if i fail i know my people cant pay for a resat year. I think Im ok, its just when she said that the whole frustration of putting everything into life and not getting it back just made me feel upset.

Perhaps it seems a bit stupid? I think everything has just come to the surface about how i have felt this year and have kept it under wraps. My results are next week im truly dreading it

ReputationRep:
    Well, a few people in my family have been ill, they're ok now which Im very grateful for. Very grateful. But the last 6 months has taken it out of me- ive had to juggle my mums cancer scare, with the fact that we thought we were losing the businesses plus the pressure of medical school. And my work suffered badly. So in April i thought i would be a bit selfish and concentrate on my work. Ive worked from April to July tirelessly on this work in hope of passing the exams. i got in there this week and the questions on the paper were ridiculous......the people who i thought were there for me werent. I found out my "best friend" doesnt actually give a toss.

I just thought that after all that, now things are calming down...the businesses are ok and my mum is ok, that it would be good to pass this exam. And now i feel as though trying to get through all that, and not allow one thing or another in my life to completely disintegrate was worth nothing...because im going to fail anyway. I told this to someone i know, and she said "oh well im fairly confident ive passed, i found them ok..well actually i found them rather easy"

I just feel bad because if i fail i know my people cant pay for a resat year. I think Im ok, its just when she said that the whole frustration of putting everything into life and not getting it back just made me feel upset.

Perhaps it seems a bit stupid? I think everything has just come to the surface about how i have felt this year and have kept it under wraps. My results are next week im truly dreading it
    I've had a really bad year too - different things, but family member dying, parents redundancy, very bad exam results, getting very ill, dealing with someone's suicide attempts....

and I know how you feel that it all gets on top of you, but focus on the good things in life, have faith (you don't know you've done badly yet) and just stay positive and remember people always have options, it will sort itself out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X7502)
    Sometimes if you talk to someone then you feel a lot better.
    I agree with this - talking about something helps in itself. Everyone goes through crap and has times when they feel like its a never ending weight.

I deal with mine by remembering Im not alone; there are people out there who care, even if they aren't the ones you'd expect should be helping you.

Also things will get better. As 'they' say, Once you've hit the bottom the only way is up, even if you might not feel like it now.

Hope that helps ^ ^

ReputationRep:

I think the fact that your results are just around the corner could be magnifying how you're feeling right now.

I was in a similar situation earlier this year (my Dad went into hospital and I was away from home taking exams) and when you're in the middle of it all it feels like the whole world is against you, everything is going wrong and it will never end. But honestly it's all part of life (unfortunately) and even though right now it might all seem pointless and unfair, you'll realise that the next time something bad happens out of the blue, you'll be able to deal with it better because of previous experience.

My quote of the year has been: 'Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay it's not the end.' It's totally true

I hope your Mum is okay and good luck with your results - don't waste energy on worrying about them - deal with it when the time comes (if indeed you need to 'deal with it' at all - keep positive).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.