Route A or route B - any real difference?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
deanimate
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Right this route A or B malarky. Only applies to art type courses right?

What exactly IS the difference? IS there any point in applying via route B and thus leaving it later?
Ive been wondering about this and really dont know if its that important or not to worry about??

Can anyone please offer some kind of explanation?
creativesurgeon
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, theres a massive difference. The main one is that using UCAS route B, you can apply later (mainly used for Art / Design subjects that require more time for a portfolio to be produced). However, obviously, there are fewer places, more demand etc. Also, you can only make a maximum of three applications using UCAS through Route B - although you can still make three route A choices on top of this. You should check out the UCAS site (use the site index), and Surrey Institute of Art & Design, they both have loadsa info on it.

You need anymore info, post again.

UCAS United Kingdom
Surry Institute of Art & Design

Adam
deanimate
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by creativesurgeon)
Yeah, theres a massive difference....

Adam

Many Thanks indeed! Thats helped clear things up a bit :]

I think route B would be a good choice for some of the courses to get a portfolio sorted and then i can still put in some route A as well.

Main prob for me is the portfolio
Doesnt help that im not doing an art course :-/

Out of interest did you do some type of art course? and if so did you go for route a or b or both?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (18)
42.86%
Take exams next summer (10)
23.81%
Change uni choice through clearing (9)
21.43%
Apply to uni next year instead (4)
9.52%
I'm not applying to university (1)
2.38%

Watched Threads