Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right this route A or B malarky. Only applies to art type courses right?

What exactly IS the difference? IS there any point in applying via route B and thus leaving it later?
    Ive been wondering about this and really dont know if its that important or not to worry about??

Can anyone please offer some kind of explanation?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, theres a massive difference. The main one is that using UCAS route B, you can apply later (mainly used for Art / Design subjects that require more time for a portfolio to be produced). However, obviously, there are fewer places, more demand etc. Also, you can only make a maximum of three applications using UCAS through Route B - although you can still make three route A choices on top of this. You should check out the UCAS site (use the site index), and Surrey Institute of Art & Design, they both have loadsa info on it.

You need anymore info, post again.

UCAS United Kingdom
    Surry Institute of Art & Design

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creativesurgeon)
    Yeah, theres a massive difference....

Adam

Many Thanks indeed! Thats helped clear things up a bit :]

I think route B would be a good choice for some of the courses to get a portfolio sorted and then i can still put in some route A as well.

Main prob for me is the portfolio
    Doesnt help that im not doing an art course :-/

Out of interest did you do some type of art course? and if so did you go for route a or b or both?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.