Turn on thread page Beta

Girl asking guy out. watch

I've put this anon because this all seems a bit gay and I normally sneer at these kind of threads but I wanted people's opinions. Oh and just to clarify I am 19, not like 12.

Last night at a club I met + kissed some guy who I thought was really cool and nice and I would like to see him again. He's been texting me all day (and he texted me first) but it's been all chatty stuff so far, nothing of substance. I mentioned something about seeing him again and he said "yeah we'll probs meet up" but left it at that. Would it look desperate/not work if I just said "are you free at x time on x time to do x"? (Top marks for coming up with what the x's should be)....

again sorry for the lameness.

ReputationRep:
    just ask him out ! its a huge turn on for a guy.. Also chances are you won't see him otherwise, so either keep pushing some subtle hints for him to ask you out,( i.e. "when are u gna ask me out?!" ), or u man up and ask him out, or stop texting each otha and cut off all ties.

ReputationRep:
    I'd maybe leave it a few days (Monday maybe?) if you were going to ask. You've already mentioned going out again once today and if you try again it might come across quite bad.

Other than that, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    leave it for a few days and then ask him out. there's nothing wrong with girls asking guys out all right? if anything, I think guys appreciate it a little more that they don't have to do the work and that the girl knows what she wants.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it. Being a guy, I'd say it's great! However, be careful since he probably thinks that you're easy and just wants to sleep with you. Decide on what you want out of this.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, but then I'm hideously traditional in relationships.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask him out, there's no point in playing the "time" game as in how long you should wait until calling him. If you don't want to be too head-on then maybe try not to tell him straight up that you think he's awesome. Just ask him on a weekend maybe somehwere... I don't know where, depends on you and him, could be a coffee shop, a club, a park, a trip etc.

ReputationRep:
    x= sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've put this anon because this all seems a bit gay and I normally sneer at these kind of threads but I wanted people's opinions. Oh and just to clarify I am 19, not like 12.

Last night at a club I met + kissed some guy who I thought was really cool and nice and I would like to see him again. He's been texting me all day (and he texted me first) but it's been all chatty stuff so far, nothing of substance. I mentioned something about seeing him again and he said "yeah we'll probs meet up" but left it at that. Would it look desperate/not work if I just said "are you free at x time on x time to do x"? (Top marks for coming up with what the x's should be)....

Take control of the relationship and ask him out

ReputationRep:

Oh, and your xs can be:

Are you free around midnight to lie down on the grass to look up at the stars and do other things along the way? or to wake up at dawn and watch the sun rise together?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnii)
    Oh, and your xs can be:

Are you free around midnight to lie down on the grass to look up at the stars and do other things along the way? or to wake up at dawn and watch the sun rise together?
    Very sweet suggestion

I wouldn't be put off if a girl did ask me. If I liked her, then it's perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CloudStrife)
    Very sweet suggestion

I wouldn't be put off if a girl did ask me. If I liked her, then it's perfect.
    Awwwwhh, you're a romantic. Okay, you bring the blanket and drinks. I'll get other things, whatever they may be.

Are you getting this OP? If your man is like CloudStrife, then take my lead. I dare you.

ReputationRep:
    Could just ask me instead

ReputationRep:
    I asked my boyf out

If he's kissed you and is still talking to you, I'm guessing he's interested, he's probably just trying to play it cool. if you don't want to be too forward maybe just ask if he'll go back to that club, or where else he likes, and then when he names a place ask if he will take you there to show you round ?

ReputationRep:
    I've been asked out quite alot. Makes things alot easier on my part so i'd say go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I've put this anon because this all seems a bit gay...
    ...Oh and just to clarify I am 19, not like 12.
    Mmm...

ReputationRep:
    umm yeah i dont think there is any harm in doing it. First girl i dated asked me out....i was literally soaring the skys after that, i was so flattered lol

ReputationRep:
    Do it. A girl doing the asking out would be awesome :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I don't find it desperate. I think most guys would agree when I say it takes the pressure off us for once!

Don't ask him in a direct way to do something specificaly planned out for him. Just say you've been wanting to do it for a while and finally got down to going (like watching this movie or trying out some new place to eat etc.), and then ask him if he wants to join. If he accepts, he likes you. If he says he's busy, then just act cool and pretend like you'll be going ahead with the plan anyway. Do not say you two can do it 'some other time', then he'll know you made the plan specifically for him (and he might percieve that as desperate).

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it, and personally, I wish more girls would make the first move.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.