Turn on thread page Beta

Curzon Gateway 09/10 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadioElectric)
    I'm not sure whether to head over on the 1st with a suitcase full of stuff and move in ASAP or wait until I can get somebody to drive all of my things over. I'm worried about missing out on making friends with my housemates when everyone's meeting each other for the first time.
    I know how you feel. You could move in on the 1st with a few things and if you want to you could stop in your flat for a night or two to see if anyone moves in then, if someone else does move in you could arrange for your stuff to be brought to you. If after those couple of days no-one has moved in you could always go back home and move in properly the week after atleast you'll have your key and wont have the hassle of having to sort that out all over again.

This is what me and my flatmate are planning to do.. no point being there if no-one else is there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammi_x)
    I know how you feel. You could move in on the 1st with a few things and if you want to you could stop in your flat for a night or two to see if anyone moves in then, if someone else does move in you could arrange for your stuff to be brought to you. If after those couple of days no-one has moved in you could always go back home and move in properly the week after atleast you'll have your key and wont have the hassle of having to sort that out all over again.

This is what me and my flatmate are planning to do.. no point being there if no-one else is there!
    I guess the real issue is that I have a nice thing going for myself up here in Stoke (friends, like the area etc.) and I'm afraid of moving to a new place.

To be honest, Aston isn't a place I'd choose to go to for an undergraduate degree as I'm not that keen on living in Birmingham. I'm not really a "city" person, I like trees! I'm only going there because the PhD itself is a great opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying there ^.^
    Im a first year at aston, staying in Block D Flat 212 ^.^

ReputationRep:
    I've just checked and I'm Curzon Gateway, Block D, Flat 422, Room B.

ReputationRep:
    I take back what I said about staying at Curzon :\, I'm now at the heights!

ReputationRep:
    heyyy

i'm staying in curzon gateway too..

Block B Flat 320 Room D third floor

anyone near there?

what uni is everyone going to? anyone at BCU?

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x\x_claire_x/x)
    heyyy

i'm staying in curzon gateway too..

Block B Flat 320 Room D third floor

anyone near there?

what uni is everyone going to? anyone at BCU?

xx
    I'm on the floor above you. I'll be doing a PhD at Aston though. It'll be fun being in accommodation with a bunch of people from different universities. What are you studying? And when are you moving in?

ReputationRep:
    nice one

im moving in next week sometime i think.. but still gotta get a load of stuff for my room and that so not sure of the date really u?

im at BCU doing public relations and human resources management, whats ur PhD in? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taaniieee)
    Hiya
    Yeah i'll be living at Curzon. Block B
    Seems really nice there. Although i think the showers are pretty small. But its good to have you own little bathroom
    heyy im block B.. wat flat and room are you? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x\x_claire_x/x)
    nice one

im moving in next week sometime i think.. but still gotta get a load of stuff for my room and that so not sure of the date really u?

im at BCU doing public relations and human resources management, whats ur PhD in? x
    "Spatial Integration and Contrast Discrimination in Human Vision"

I moved in yesterday, there really aren't many people around at all. The place is a bit dead at the moment but I'm sure it'll liven up over the next few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I will be staying in Block B 422 this year. Moving in on friday I visited yesterday to take some measurements and things and there was no one else in my flat, I assume their all moving in next week or over the weekend.

Dave

ReputationRep:
    Im in Block B! Checked in on friday...moving in on tuesday hopefully! It' pretty nice and not too far away from Aston University (about 5 mins walk).

ReputationRep:
    A_902k9 - Which flat?

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying in a studio here

Anyone in Block D? I'm in flat 528!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biketrialsdave)
    A_902k9 - Which flat?

ReputationRep:
    anyone from curzon gateway going to aston uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_902k9)
    anyone from curzon gateway going to aston uni?
    Yup, starting a PhD there next week. Block D Flat 422.

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone moved in now?
    I don't know when to come...maybe Oct 1st?

Is it busy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Controversial)
    Is everyone moved in now?
    I don't know when to come...maybe Oct 1st?

Is it busy?
    I've been here since the 5th. It's starting to get a bit busier now. Lots of BCU people moved in this past weekend, mainly freshers (this is my estimation). It's still a bit lonely for me atm but then I'm not someone who'll go out clubbing to meet people, and nobody else is there yet in my flat.

Where/what are you studying? And what year of it are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadioElectric)
    I've been here since the 5th. It's starting to get a bit busier now. Lots of BCU people moved in this past weekend, mainly freshers (this is my estimation). It's still a bit lonely for me atm but then I'm not someone who'll go out clubbing to meet people, and nobody else is there yet in my flat.

Where/what are you studying? And what year of it are you in?
    I'm going to Warwick, to do Social Studies, first year. My boyfriends coming to Curzon too, he is going to Aston to do Business, he's a second year.

So I'm hoping I'll be round loads of friendly people to make friends in Brum too, or I'll be quite lonely! I should be moving in next week.

What are you studying?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 27, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.