Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Thinking about getting a car, but was wondering what people's experiences with car insurance companies were? Who's the best?

Also if I start looking around, and filling in forms online do I need to give my phone number? I don't want to keep getting called by the insurance company.

Thanks,
    GQ.

ReputationRep:
    comparethemeerkat.com

If you use comparethemarket they won't ring Individual insurance companies might do if you use their website though, but even if they do you can just say you haven't got a car yet it was just to get an idea

See what's right for you on a comparison website

ReputationRep:
    I always go for the cheapest, but Swinton were really nice, they're a broker and never could pronounce the name of my actual insurance company but they were friendly, always helpful.

I'm with Diamond now, not that they're helpful at all, but they're £200 cheaper then the others. Girls only though...

Edit: I always use the comparison websites

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.