Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it bad that I can drink a case of beer in one (long - most of the day) session? Watch

As the title says, I'm worried I'm becoming "alchohol tolerant". I was at a house party and it was an all day/all nighter. Within 15 hours I had drank an entire case worth of fosters.

Can anyone / Does anyone have any friends that can do this?

ReputationRep:
    You are some sort of superhuman hardman and if i was a girl i would definately shag you as your clearly one of the lads!!!!!

Is that the answer you were looking for?

OP can already tell its bad thats why its posted as anonymous. :p:

ReputationRep:
    It is a worrying sign you can drink such a large amount of beer in one sitting. A case of beer is perhaps a few weeks worth of units - not good for your health.

ReputationRep:
    What size of case of beer are we talking?
    Because for quite a few people I know, they'd mebbe split a case in a night, so like, 5 hours.

(Original post by Communist Daughter)
    You are some sort of superhuman hardman and if i was a girl i would definitely shag you as your clearly one of the lads!!!!!

Is that the answer you were looking for?
    No, but you are definitely some sort of superhuman nerd with a **** trolling reply who probably lives on TSR.

Honestly , why would I be looking for "kudos" if it were anon? Are you jealous, because it seems so.

(Original post by Slumpy)
    What size of case of beer are we talking?
    Because for quite a few people I know, they'd mebbe split a case in a night, so like, 5 hours.
    A case of beer is 24 440ml cans in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No, but you are definitely some sort of superhuman nerd with a **** trolling reply who probably lives on TSR.

Honestly , why would I be looking for "kudos" if it were anon? Are you jealous, because it seems so.
    :rofl: I think "calm down" comes to mind.

And since you asked, there are ****-loads of people who can drink that much.

ReputationRep:
    How many cans of what size? and fosters is 3.5% right?

(Original post by Irrelevance)
    And since you asked, there are ****-loads of people who can drink that much.
    Thats a relief ^ ^

(Original post by Pads)
    How many cans of what size? and fosters is 3.5% right?

24x 440ml cans at 4.9%abv
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper

How is that something to be jealous of? :confused: That comments makes it seem even more that you are looking for kudos.

ReputationRep:
    It's only worrying if you do it your own

ReputationRep:
    well if it was an all day all nighter and im guessing you had food at some point and im guessing you were still very drunk at the end?

then its not that amazing and you shouldnt be worried because you fit in with the average person!

ReputationRep:
    A case of beer is 24 440ml cans in the UK.
    Well, not all cases, or I wouldn't have asked:p:
    But no, over 15 hours thats like a can and a half every hour, easily do-able.

(Original post by la fille danse)
    How is that something to be jealous of? :confused: That comments makes it seem even more that you are looking for kudos.
    Oh for ***** sake, I know it's nothing to be "jealous" of I was merely pointing out the OP's knee jerk reaction. I made clear my worry was the beginning of alchohol tolerance

Why the **** is TSR so full of pedants with nothing of value to add to discussions...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can drink that amount of catjuice if their taste buds are suitably cowed into submission! :p:

However, if you're asking whether it's good for you in the long term, then liver says no.

(Original post by GazzyG)
    However, if you're asking whether it's good for you in the long term, then liver says no.
    Yeah :P But y'know when you say that, do you mean indefinately? ie. Permenant damage or just tempoary, healed over a period of time?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah :P But y'know when you say that, do you mean indefinitely? ie. Permenant damage or just tempoary, healed over a period of time?
    If you don't make a habit of it (ie drinking several cases a week), then I doubt you'll kill yourself. Everything in moderation.

But if you keep doing it for several years I'm very sure it will add up and take a toll on you.

Perhaps find a drink that isn't as gluggable?

ReputationRep:
    Why are you anonymous? I can do it, I'm working my way through a caret with some music at the moment before I head out tonight. Nothing wrong with being able to drink...

:top:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.