Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it bad that I can drink a case of beer in one (long - most of the day) session? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    Why are you anonymous? I can do it, I'm working my way through a caret with some music at the moment before I head out tonight. Nothing wrong with being able to drink...

:top:
    Don't think he's bragging, think he's just pondering the long term implications lol

(Original post by GazzyG)
    If you don't make a habit of it (ie drinking several cases a week), then I doubt you'll kill yourself. Everything in moderation.

But if you keep doing it for several years I'm very sure it will add up and take a toll on you.

Perhaps find a drink that isn't as gluggable?

Yeah, I'll do so when I reach 20 :P

Is it also bad that I can drink a bottle of rum (Capt Morgans 40% .7L) with coke in one session? It's roughly the same units as a case of fosters so i assume it's no different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Is it also bad that I can drink a bottle of rum (Capt Morgans 40% .7L) with coke in one session? It's roughly the same units as a case of fosters so i assume it's no different?
    Much easier to drink a bottle of rum I'd say, just because of the quantity of liquid involved with the beer.
    But yes, bottle of rum is 28 units, a case of beer should be rather more than that I'd feel.

ReputationRep:

Not sure about the implications of spirits vs beer. However, in terms of stopping the beer belly, the rum n coke is far better lol. :top:

(Original post by Slumpy)
    Much easier to drink a bottle of rum I'd say, just because of the quantity of liquid involved with the beer.
    But yes, bottle of rum is 28 units, a case of beer should be rather more than that I'd feel.
    Ah yes, it's almost double xD

24x 1.8 = 43.2 units.

Ouch :o:

ReputationRep:

thats not bad as that is very drinkable and yummy

although it has the same bad effect on your liver!

and before you ask more questions like what if i drink a whole bottle of vodka, the units are the key to how bad it is for you! men can have around 20 a week but should not exceed 3-5 a day! If you exceed those in the long run it will be very bad for you!

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, it's almost double xD

24x 1.8 = 43.2 units.

Ouch :o:
    Yeah, beer units is not my strong point(I drink cider) but I thought something like that might be the case:p:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It's not bad that you can, it's bad that you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    It's not bad that you can, it's bad that you do.
    You are correct!

Here's a fish!

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that I can drink a case of beer in one (long - most of the day) session?
    Yes it is bad if that is your greatest achievement. :rolleyes:

As for your health, it's terrible if you keep it up and seeing as you are concerned about becoming alcohol tolerant, I think you drink too much too often.

Binging rarely won't kill you providing you don't seriously overdose on alcohol, but continuously drinking cases of beer in days when you should be spreading that amount of alcohol over weeks, will definitely do you some harm.

I don't know why you are relieved that other people can do it too. :confused: If other people are jumping off cliffs, it doesn't make it healthy for you kiddo.

(Oh and I agree that you've received some pretty stupid replies. Maybe don't post as anonymous and you'll get a more serious response).

ReputationRep:
    You are correct!

Here's a fish!

That's a dolphin, not a fish.

ReputationRep:
    i think beer is grim and tastes like ****

jack daniels / southern comfort.... now these are REAL drinks

ReputationRep:
    Don't think he's bragging, think he's just pondering the long term implications lol
    Long term implications? He could walk outside and get ran over by a bus or catch cancer by using his mobile phone... It's only beer. I'm on my 6th just now, I'll polish off the case probably before I go out (another 12). I really don't understand why he's gone anonymous for this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llynus)
    That's a dolphin, not a fish.
    The dolphin is a dolphin, correct!

However, I stand by the fish being a fish! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    Long term implications? He could walk outside and get ran over by a bus or catch cancer by using his mobile phone... It's only beer. I'm on my 6th just now, I'll polish off the case probably before I go out (another 12). I really don't understand why he's gone anonymous for this...

It is only beer! And you're right, it is there to be enjoyed!

But there is such a thing as excess. Not saying the OP goes to that excess, but the 21yr old who died of liver failure at my mum's hospital lately did. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    That's 51 units of alcohol, so yeah... suck to be you in 5 years time!

ReputationRep:
    The dolphin is a dolphin, correct!

However, I stand by the fish being a fish! :yes:
    Nope, wrong again. That's not a fish, it's a small human child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llynus)
    Nope, wrong again. That's not a fish, it's a small human child.
    um joke?

the kid is feeding a fish to the dolphin!

or is the dolphin feeding a boy to a little fish??? how confusing:p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not proud of it mate but i've FAR exceeded this small binge! I'm talking 3-4 cases of 5% plus premium lager or bottled ale over a weekend plus various bottles of whiskey, vodka, tequilla, rum etc.... I don't drink to that level anymore, i'm looking after myself a lot better, but to put it simply... Yes, and CUT IT OUT! IT WILL KILL YOU!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.