Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are black people and East Asians more accepted than South Asians in the UK? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    I've never seen a huge gang of oriental youths.
    Have you never been to Trocadero or LV?

I agree with what someone here said earlier, American media has made black and East Asian stereotypes cool and seem wealthy. South Asians are hardly shown because they have less of a prominence there than here. Here South Asians are in an abundance, however I love them and I've grown up in an area with loads of South Asians and black people and things seem fine.

(Original post by Forbidden Fruit)
    Why are black people and East Asians more accepted than South Asians in the UK?
    But OP, what do you mean by accepted? Accepted by everyone (including other ethnic minorities such as black people and East Asians, etc. etc.) or by the indigenous population?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.