Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

i've just got my accomodation agreements etc & have got a room in Woodville Hall starting this september, anyone else staying there?

Also, is anyone studying Criminology & Sociology from september?? Just wanna chat & get to know a few people before i go as i'm abit unfamiliar with Sheffield itself, being from Manchester xx

ReputationRep:
    Hiiiii
    iv juss gott my placee confirmed for a room in woodvillee soo fort idd replyyy
    im going to be doing law and im not familiar with sheffield either really as im from liverpool
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey !

I too have got all the stuff from woodville, got all the papers and bills I have to pay and such, got a few friends in sheff but would like to know peeps who are going to stay in same halls. Im in room 392 and im doing international business. i go on msn sometimes feel free to add me: [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Hi!! Im also going to be living in Woodville and studing criminology. Im really nervous as i dont know anybody there are the city at all

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy ooh i'm excited now, i thought no1 would be staying there cos I found out ages out lol what room is everyone in? I'm in 126.. cant wait ! xx

ReputationRep:
    Im in woodville :P: room 516!
    Really nervous coming down from Darlington!
    Anyone else feeling it?

Studying Mechanical Engineering

Get in touch!

ReputationRep:
    dusss anyonee noo howw manyy peoplee you share a bathroom withh and thattt?

ReputationRep:
    Im feeling nervous too cos i wont know anyone either but am sure it will be excitin getting to know everyone x

ReputationRep:
    Yeeah everyone else will be just as nervous, just gotta suck it up and be brave! just will be good getting to know peoples

Not too sure how many people share bathrooms and stuff, i can imagine around 10-15 people tho.

ReputationRep:
    haha awhhhh im reallyy nervousss incasee i dont likee all the sharingg bathrooms and stuff , iv triedd researchinn all stuff like thatt but you cant get information anywhere
    have any of yas seen the halls?
    hopefully it should be okay thoo

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get a peek at the halls on the open day, they seemed okay to me! will just need to get used to it

I was only there for 5 mins or so, so never got a good look

What you studying at sheff?

ReputationRep:
    yeahhhhhh haha oh wells
    ermm imm doingg lawwww
    i cant wait for fresherss week
    soo we go down on tha 20th dnt wee?

ReputationRep:
    20'th september we go down? isnt that a bit late... I thought it would be earlier, I have been to broomgrove halls and stayed there with my mate, i applied to broomgrove as a first choice but I think theyre meant to be similar it was a good atmosphere in there, anyway the people there said the easiest way to break the ice is vodka. can anyone tell me the dates of when freshsers starts? when we first move in.. ?

ReputationRep:
    From what i know we go down on the 20th, and most things start on the 21st, but there is something happening on the sunday.

Here is a timetable for the week
    http://hallamunion.org/files/2009/08...tsidelores.pdf

I would have prefered to go down earlier to get to know people!
    Shame we cant really, oh well!

Im really excited atm, want to go now! haha

ReputationRep:
    I thought freshers starts the week of the 21st.. but am unsure as ppl have been saying it could be slightly earlier. but the earliest arrival date option i was given was the 20th to move in, so if i wnted to go down earlier i'd have to pay extra for each extra night :| i havent seen the halls themselves either but i think i'll put up with it whatever happens the vodka ice breaker sounds like my way of thinking haha xx

ReputationRep:
    Well whatever happens i can only go down on the 20th, so freshers starts from then on!
    I have seen the halls, but not much of them, i will just be happy to be there tbh

Is everyone heading out on the sunday or just waiting till monday

ReputationRep:
    Cool, i don't think its gonna start much earlier anyway so doubt we'd miss too much.. & i'm going down on the sunday to settle in cos my first meeting is on the monday 21st x

ReputationRep:
    I really wish they would give us a week to settle in and stuff, it sucks starting the day after we move in!

ReputationRep:
    I know!! me too, should have a proper induction to halls week n stuff before everythin else.. just have to go with it eh lol x

ReputationRep:
    Yeeah we will be fine

Is it just me or can you not find barely anyone living in woodville! its worrying lol! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.