Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MASSIVE DILEMMA - needs sorting once and for all... :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

I would be very grateful of advice regarding this bad situation i'm in!!
    I'll try not to make this a long post...but it may be unforts

So, i've just graduated from uni, which is all great and everything, but there's a problem between me and a former female housemate of mine.

Towards the end of term, she began to get close to me, wanting to dance and hold hands in clubs etc. She also wanted to go out with me to lunch and things.

So, naturally, I began to like this girl in a different way as suppose to just a friend.

We both left uni, and the days immediately after she kept on texting me two or three times a day wandering what i was doing etc.

Then we went on holiday as a house group, and there were moments when we would be alone, and play daft little games etc, competitions just between the two of us, and on the last day, I drove her back home, which was a considerable distance and she wanted to stop off for lunch. Instead of just a service station she wanted to stop of in a city, where we had lunch in a restaurant, and generally just wandered about a bit...yet again silly little teasing games happened, she jumped out at me etc.

She also said that she had a dream about me...seems like she's obvs thinking of me!

So since then, she's been texting and calling me often...she's recently gone on holiday, and just before she went she phoned me to apparently see what I was up to.

So, all sounds great and of course my feelings have developed for this girl... problem is she has a boyfriend.

Now, she has been fairly critical of him recently, and this is not me attempting to hype things up in my mind. She often makes negative comments about him etc...she changed from going when me and (bf's name) have children...to when I have children, me and who ever i'm with...

So basically, what do I do...?? :o:
    I'm aware I have two options, do nothing and things will just stay the same...or I tell her how I feel, but the problem with that is things could all go wrong and our friendship could be seriously affected.

Now don't get me wrong, I think she is giving me signs, mates have passed comment on that she looks and acts around me that she likes me but I just don't know.

Sorry for the long post, but I think its now time to attempt to get this issue resolved!

Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    So basically you've been dating a girl who's had a boyfriend this whole time? Jackass.

Anyway, as for the current situation, just ask her if she likes you and wether she still wants to be with her boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    basically you need to talk to her and ask her what's going on because you're fully aware she has a boyfriend and the way she's been acting with you is making you feel uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    So basically you've been dating a girl who's had a boyfriend this whole time? Jackass.

Anyway, as for the current situation, just ask her if she likes you and wether she still wants to be with her boyfriend.
    er not really
    Sounds tricky cos theres always the small chance that you have misinterpreted signals...

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Reue
    I wouldn't say i've been dating her...

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)

This.

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    Try actually speaking to her about both yours and hers feelings and see where it goes. Either one of you could of got confused about what the opther is feeling and the only way to sort it out is through a proper conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her about it, or feel your way around. But if she has feelings for you, and it's been going on for a while, why is she still going out with her bf? Isn't it supposed to be her that makes a move? She's the one that's in a relationship!?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.