Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The one I suffered for the most was on a Duke of Edinburgh hike doodah. It was about 30 degrees the next day and I was with a pretty fit group who went pretty fast. That was after about 10 pints of ale and about half a bottle of rum. The 'rugby lads' had challenged me and my best friend to a drinking competition and we couldn't really pass it up.

The worst I've ever had in terms of duration was probably my 21st, I'd had a revolting amount of beer and me and my friend hit the Absinthe pretty hard. Still felt that a day and a half later.

I don't drink much anymore

Um.... Necked a bottle of wine on the train and I remember downing 3 sambuccas, 2 pints and a **** mix before it gets hazy. I pulled my best female mate and then slept on the couch. Driving the 100 or so miles home took an entire case of lucosade and I was still drunk at 4pm.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a hangover

ReputationRep:
    had a night out in bathurst when i was visiting a couple of mates last year, was pissing what smelt like pure bundy rum for the next day.

i dont very often get them though, usually just work it off or wake up still drunk

ReputationRep:
    I was with my nan and the rest of the familiy and although I can't remember all that much apparently I had been mixing vodka, cider and port. Baaaaad idea, anyway I woke up the next morning surrounded by brown vomit with some guys msn addy written on my arm. After talking too my nan I found out that I'd been sat on his lap groping his crotch all night, worst of all he goes to my school so I now have to look at him everyday.

ReputationRep:
    mixing champagne, vodka and stella. wanted to pull my brain out through my eyes the next day

ReputationRep:
    my hangovers are normally pretty mild, but the monday after a festival weekend early last month was absolutely awful. over the weekend i must've had something like 20 pints of cider. doesn't seem like much over three days, but most of it was on the sunday, making the hangover sooo much worse.

ReputationRep:
    Night after finishing exams, the first time I'd ever had more than about two drinks. I was fairly drunk, but still lucid and everything, but then I went back to my mates. His older brother decided that me and him needed more to drink and told me he'd get me some water, which I now realise definitely wasn't water. I think it was the combination of a pretty heavy initiation to drinking and my subconscious registering that I was about to have something which would help with the amount I had drank when it was really the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    I rarely get headaches, but my worst hangover involved throwing up about a dozen times the next morning... I couldn't keep anything down, not even water. It was horrible, especially as my friends were encouraging me to eat bread or whatever. I went back to bed, slept for a few hours and then was fine!

I won't be doing that again in a hurry!

ReputationRep:
    There was the time I drank a hell of a lot of wine and was throwing up until around 8pm the next day... that was pretty embarrassing.

The day after boxing day where I had to work all day but after 2 hours of work had planted myself onto a chair and decided I wasn't moving, so spent most of the day there

Oh and a few weeks ago, where I drank 7 beers and 2 jd+cokes on an empty stomach (so not a good idea) and remember nothing after the 2nd jack daniels, thus spending the next day very very ill. oh, and working all day, and being very ill til around 9pm.

i should control my drink...

ReputationRep:
    somebody bet my mate he couldnt finish a half bottle of vodka so he downed it!!!!!

ofcourse he had to get an ambulance to hospital! I wasnt there at the time thogh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    One night we accidentally had a bigger night than we intended when the barman kept sending up free Jaegermeister shots because we were English (it was an English pub in France and the owner was a legend). It was my friend's birthday that night, and A-level results day the next. I don't remember being particularly hungover on results day, but I haven't been able to smell anything aniseed based since without feeling sick, so I guess I skipped the hangover in favour of lifelong torture. You wouldn't believe how many perfumes/aperitifs/sweets are aniseed based. My friend had an awful hangover though, complete with semi-coma in bed and vomiting everywhere. I was just very tired and felt a bit wrong all day.

I think I only avoided a killer hangover because I was still drunk when I went to work that day, preoccupied with getting my exam results and still drunk/happy all afternoon, then started drinking again at 7 that evening. Best way to avoid a hangover, imo. Only let yourself sleep a few hours so you're still drunk when you wake up then keep yourself occupied all afternoon, and start drinking again.

I don't really get hangovers any other time. Not enough that I'd consider them a hangover. I lose my appetite a bit and am a bit sleepy, but I'm never in any real pain or trauma.
    Lol good story. My friend is a real heavy drinker and always wakes up completely blocked... everytime he drinks. Not that it's very healthy but the fu**** always manages to sleep through his hangover. I usually drink wine just decided to drink vodka for some reason last night, still have a pretty bad hangover fs.

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever had one hangover... It wasn't the fact that I was feeling I'll that morning or the fact I missed the following night (going to tiger tiger in Manchester) as I was I'll for 3 days... What made it bad was that I went to the Trafford center the day after at 11am Xmas shopping.. 6 hours at TC feeling like your going to cover every one near you with sick whilst sipping on water that's what made it so bad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by as cruel as school children)
    get a social life instead of being an online smart arse
    Hypocrisy at it's best

ReputationRep:
    The one I've got now

Several cans of Fosters before going out.
    6 Jagerbombs + 6 shots of Sourz in Beyond

Went to Bulletproof and had:
    God knows how many VKs
    God knows how many Vodka n Red Bull
    God knows how many Sambucas

Very, very drunk last night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Hypocrisy at it's best
    Not really, Roy.

ReputationRep:
    the one im having right now :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by as cruel as school children)
    Not really, Roy.
    Zzzz

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.