Turn on thread page Beta

What to do instead of shopping... watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I am trying to go 'no-buy' as I have too much as it is and I would rather spend once in a while on some quality stuff rather than buy a large quantity of cheap **** (or a mixture of both and be completely broke...- my current situation)

What are some ideas of semi-cheap things to do when not shopping?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    meet up with friends ? invite them over to watch a film ?

nap

ReputationRep:
    Be on TSR? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    lol me and my friends are broke atm and tomorrow we're going 'wedding dress shopping' one of my friends is getting married, and she's going to try on dresses, and as are the rest of us lmao, going to be fun we've asked if we can and we get free champagne!

ReputationRep:
    invite friends over, have a cheap meal eg. pizzas from a supermarket, watch a film at someones house, have a good ol' slumber partayy with some cheapo face masks and sweets from poundland/lidl

ReputationRep:
    Sit in a cafe with friends and people-watch. Endless entertainment :p:

ReputationRep:
    Subscribe to TSR. :sub:

ReputationRep:
    Sit in the garden with friends and some cheap wine Go to the beach/park or for a walk somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8EnglishRoses)
    Sit in the garden with friends and some cheap wine Go to the beach/park or for a walk somewhere.

lol have you seen the weather recently??!!

ReputationRep:
    Sleep.

Can you buy coffee? Go out for coffee that's what I usually do with my friends.

Invite people over for drinks and sit in the garden, go to an exhibition or a film perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    Go for a walk. Read lots of books. Have a film fest. Sort through all the clothes you own. Bake a cake.

Those are all cheap/free.

ReputationRep:
    pool, bowling, golf, badminton...

ReputationRep:
    Get your bike out

No seriously, cycling is so much fun, especially with friends. You can explore so much more than you can walking. Even if you haven't cycled in years you could easily do a good 30 miles in a day on flat roads. Especially with friends, it's awesome Take a tent or two and some food and do a roadtrip/camp fest for a few days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    lol have you seen the weather recently??!!
    It's been gorgeous in Suffolk

ReputationRep:
    you can still spend very little money and feel like you've got new clothes - spend time customising your old ones.

ReputationRep:
    GO to your local tourist information and get a selection of leaflets outline the free events and attractions in your area

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8EnglishRoses)
    seconded. one of the best ways to pass the time.

edit: hope i don't sound pervy but i looked at your profile - you're soo pretty! *jealous*

ReputationRep:
    Go shopping but leave your debit card at home and take no cash :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Read a book.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.