Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do I do with my hair?? Quick!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, erm, my straightners have broke and I'm going out in less than an hour! How can I put my hair up which still looks nice?

I'm crap with ideas so I need yours.

My hair is long (a few inches below my shoulders), fairly thick (curls drop out easily) and it needs to look nice Becase it's my friends 21st lol.

What can I do that's fairly quick, simple and looks nice???

Thank you thank you!

And maybe some rep to winning idea because I am that desperate!!

ReputationRep:
    what is it like at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Ok, erm, my straightners have broke and I'm going out in less than an hour! How can I put my hair up which still looks nice?

I'm crap with ideas so I need yours.

My hair is long (a few inches below my shoulders), fairly thick (curls drop out easily) and it needs to look nice Becase it's my friends 21st lol.

What can I do that's fairly quick, simple and looks nice???

Thank you thank you!

And maybe some rep to winning idea because I am that desperate!!
    cut it lol, naa just do what i do, have a pony tail

ReputationRep:
    Not good at giving fashion advice but messy bun maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattt)
    what is it like at the moment?
    Down, damp, wavy and side parted lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    cut it lol, naa just do what i do, have a pony tail
    No way - makes me look about 10!!! And the pnytail looks really scraggy cause my hair's wavy
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Can you not go next door and say "Erm, excuse me, I live next door... Can I borrow your straightners?" :p:

ReputationRep:
    No way - makes me look about 10!!! And the pnytail looks really scraggy cause my hair's wavy
    blow dry it

ReputationRep:
    Side plait kinda thing?

ReputationRep:
    Put it in a bun when the hair's wet, keep it there for a while and then take it out = nice waves.

ReputationRep:
    if you have lots of pins/clips twist and pin sections to you're head, it looks elegant if you have nice clips to secure it

ReputationRep:
    do a quiff.

ReputationRep:
    well if ur as sexy as me, any hair style suits you

ReputationRep:
    Try Ironing your hair ... to make them straight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Put it in a bun when the hair's wet, keep it there for a while and then take it out = nice waves.
    This really doesn't work on my hair... maybe because it's thick and there just ends up in one large kink.

Wearing it down is out of the question, it's just not nice wavy hair it flicks in all kinds of diretions and looks awful... just messy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lets_make_some_music)
    if you have lots of pins/clips twist and pin sections to you're head, it looks elegant if you have nice clips to secure it
    Hmm yeh, I'll go on a search for grips. Do you have any recommendation for how thick to take the pieces of hair?? I'm so clueless with hair lol. And do I pin them at the back of my head? Oh God I'm starting to worry that I can't actually pull this off now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    Side plait kinda thing?

That looks nice Do you know how do it? - Like how much hair to take? And what would I do with the rest of my hair :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbanjeet)
    Try Ironing your hair ... to make them straight
    This. I've tried it and I still do sometimes, because using the straightener just takes too much of my 'precious' time :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeh, I'll go on a search for grips. Do you have any recommendation for how thick to take the pieces of hair?? I'm so clueless with hair lol. And do I pin them at the back of my head? Oh God I'm starting to worry that I can't actually pull this off now
    it will be fine
    i have really thick hair so i use fairly large sections working from one side of my head round to the back and then to the other side.
    i'll try and find a picture in a minute it may help to try and copy it

good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lets_make_some_music)
    it will be fine
    i have really thick hair so i use fairly large sections working from one side of my head round to the back and then to the other side.
    i'll try and find a picture in a minute it may help to try and copy it

good luck
    Thanks, I'm gona carry on getting ready for a mo. Running really late lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.